Old 10-17-10, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Dexter -- "Beauty and the Beast" -- 10/17/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dexter catches a mysterious woman who may have witnessed him in the act of killing a killer; Deb has a frightening run-in with a murder suspect in the Santa Muerte homicides; and Quinn uncovers more striking similarities between Kyle Butler and Dexter Morgan.

Episode 4 of 12

Written by Jim Leonard (Close to Home, Skin)

Directed by Milan Cheylov (24)

Last edited by DJariya; 10-17-10 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-17-10, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "Beauty and the Beast" -- 10/17/10

Pretty damn good episode. I never even noticed that was Julia Stiles in last week's show. I like Dexter having a sidekick (though this has never ended well for the sidekick) and I really wish they would go back to Deb digging more into Dexter's past. Overall, very solid episode.
Old 10-17-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Really like the way they turned things. The new sidekick will probably end badly, and since Quinn is more or less with Deb he will be tortured and killed soon, leaving Dexter once again in the clear.

Though also living in Minnesota, I was a bit puzzled with the drivers license having a mountain in the background behind the picture.
Old 10-18-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Gotta love how the incoming phone calls and text messages are so simple in the Dexter world. Does everyone have those giant letter senior citizen phones or something?

Let me guess: Next week, Batista finds out that LaGuerta actually did have relations with the guy he beat up.
Old 10-18-10, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good episode. I'm pleasantly surprised with where they're taking the Julia Styles storyline.
Old 10-18-10, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Gotta love how the incoming phone calls and text messages are so simple in the Dexter world. Does everyone have those giant letter senior citizen phones or something?

Let me guess: Next week, Batista finds out that LaGuerta actually did have relations with the guy he beat up.

The way the IA guy was making it sound when he said the line about the blowjob, it sounded like he wanted Laguerta to give him a blowjob to make the investigation go away.
Old 10-18-10, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by malichai
Good episode. I'm pleasantly surprised with where they're taking the Julia Styles storyline.
I am too. I was kind of miffed last week seeing a well known actress and the whole time thinking, "What is he going to do with her?" Nice twist at the end.
Old 10-18-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Blaster1
The way the IA guy was making it sound when he said the line about the blowjob, it sounded like he wanted Laguerta to give him a blowjob to make the investigation go away.
Same here. I was almost expecting "So is it true?" or him to just look at his crotch and go "Eh?"
Old 10-18-10, 09:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

That hole in the wall of the tenement building reminded me of Candyman.

Deb's storyline is pretty interesting, the new eye-candy certainly doesn't hurt!
Old 10-18-10, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I thought the same, that he wanted a blowjob.

Me too, I mean, she gives the best blowjobs of all Miami!
Old 10-18-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Yeah another really good episode. I'm liking the Julia Stiles involvement thus far too. Looks like it could get interesting and it seems as though it will go a different route than they did with Miguel even though it has similarities. The one thing I'm not liking still is Quinn. His story seems so forced, I mean what he puts those sketches together and they kinda sorta resemble Dexter?? It just seems like they are really wanting to have someone for Dexter to go end to end with, but the only thing Dexter has done to Quinn is be a jerk to him. Not really a reason for him to have suspicions about him in my opinion.
Old 10-18-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah another really good episode. I'm liking the Julia Stiles involvement thus far too. Looks like it could get interesting and it seems as though it will go a different route than they did with Miguel even though it has similarities. The one thing I'm not liking still is Quinn. His story seems so forced, I mean what he puts those sketches together and they kinda sorta resemble Dexter?? It just seems like they are really wanting to have someone for Dexter to go end to end with, but the only thing Dexter has done to Quinn is be a jerk to him. Not really a reason for him to have suspicions about him in my opinion.
Not just being a jerk, Dexter knows that Quinn stole money from a crime scene. That's a pretty serious crime, so it would make sense for Quinn to want to find some dirt on Dexter.
Old 10-18-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Not just being a jerk, Dexter knows that Quinn stole money from a crime scene. That's a pretty serious crime, so it would make sense for Quinn to want to find some dirt on Dexter.
But even so it seems like a stretch. I mean just because Dexter has dirt on him which to this point he's done nothing about and Quinn is trying to dig up all this crap on Dexter. Dexter just wants to be left alone and to not get Deb involved in Quinn's shit. The only reason for Dexter being a jerk was Quinn kissing his ass after the fact that he saw him take that money. There really is no basis for Quinn to believe that Dexter was involved with Trinity or the death of Rita even if it is true just because Dexter was a bit of a jerk.
Old 10-18-10, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
There really is no basis for Quinn to believe that Dexter was involved with Trinity or the death of Rita even if it is true just because Dexter was a bit of a jerk.
But Quinn was also suspicious of the fact that Dexter said "It was me" and showed little emotion at the crime scene. On the other hand, people could easily point fingers at Quinn as well, due to the fact that he dated the killer's daughter (who was in contact with Trinity during some of that time).
Old 10-18-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I really thought this season which I thought was the last would be about Deb figuring out what Dexter really was. Also, Dexter or not, he would be held in greater suspicion by the police than he is in this show.
Old 10-18-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I really thought this season which I thought was the last would be about Deb figuring out what Dexter really was. Also, Dexter or not, he would be held in greater suspicion by the police than he is in this show.
But the FBI had determined an alibi for Rita's murder: Dexter was at the Trinity crime scene. Unless you just mean in general, in which case I agree.
Old 10-18-10, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Solid episode. I take it the Julia Stiles character was abused at home and that's why she ran away?
Old 10-18-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

So I take it the fact that there were more men involved in her captivity is also why she inexplicably turned away from the car at the last second when she was trying to get away from Dexter? It didn't make much sense as it happened.
Old 10-18-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Meh. This individual episode was good, but I don't really like where this season is going. It doesn't feel like the natural progression from the events of season four. I wasn't a fan of Dexter having a side kick in season three, and having a sidekick with a vendetta against particular people just seems mundane to me. So far this season has been a far cry from last season, maybe it'll start to grow on me.
Old 10-19-10, 12:51 AM

I was shaking my head at the end of the episode. There he is in the swamp with Julia Stiles. It's now dark outside. No call to the nanny? He just got the nanny back and now he's back out late at night.

Seems like Julia Stiles is going to tell Dexter help me find and kill the guys that did this to me or I go to the police with that I saw.
Old 10-19-10, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

It sounded like Luman had a shitty life. It appears that she may have been abused by her father, and then she apparently gets abused by a few men.

The fact that she's been alive for so long and not in the barrels like the other women makes me think they had different plans for her. She asked Dexter at one point if he was going to sell her, so maybe that's the deal with her... she gets raped and abused and sold onto the next person (hence she's from Minnesota). This may not be a few people helping Boyd carry out killings... it could simply be a sex-slave ring which just happens to have a serial killer in it. And maybe the ring ends with Boyd as he's the final destination in the ring that gets rid of the body.

This could be interesting as this isn't simply going after a standard killer (serial or not)... this is much bigger.

Of course I could be totally off and this could be pretty basic stuff.
Old 10-19-10, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by thenetstud
I was shaking my head at the end of the episode. There he is in the swamp with Julia Stiles. It's now dark outside. No call to the nanny? He just got the nanny back and now he's back out late at night.
I thought the exact same thing.
Old 10-19-10, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Julia styles has a freakishly small nose...
Old 10-19-10, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Julia styles has a freakishly small nose...
and tits
Old 10-19-10, 11:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Here we go again with DVDTalk's unreasonable expectations for women...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.