Search this Thread

Old 10-11-10, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The possible return of T-Bag

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/10/...obert-knepper/

Exclusive: A&E's 'Breakout Kings' poised to revive 'Prison Break' baddie
by Michael Ausiello

Talk about a no-brainer: Former Prison Break producers Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora are courting Robert Knepper to appear in their new A&E fugitive-themed drama Breakout Kings. The best part? The plan is for Knepper to resurrect his classic PB convict T-Bag!

According to sources, execs at 20th Century Fox — the studio behind Prison and Kings — have signed off on the crossover. Now a deal just needs to be hammered out with Knepper, whose killer PB alter ego was sent back to the slammer in the show’s series finale.

Kings, which is described as an “action-packed ensemble drama following an unconventional partnership between the U.S. Marshals’ office and a group of convicts as they work to catch fugitives on the run,” received an 11th hour reprieve last spring from A&E after Fox opted not to pick it up. It’s set to premiere in early 2011.
Old 10-12-10, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The possible return of T-Bag

If Knepper signs on to play T-Bag I'm there.
Old 10-12-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

That would be great if they manage to sign Knepper. Hell, I assume Knepper doesn't have anything really better to do right now. He was just on Chase last week and is on SGU, but those are just guest appearances. I read Breakout Kings was one of the best screened Pilots from last May's upfronts and everyone associated with the show was baffled why FOX passed on it in favor of Lone Star.
Old 10-12-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm. I always felt the character got a little limited after his hand got chopped off.
Old 10-12-10, 09:21 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Will be curious to see how they pull this off if they move forward with it. Odd indeed that FOX passed on this.
Old 10-12-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I will definitely check this out. TBag was awesome.
Old 10-12-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This would be great if they forget about the missing hand.
Old 10-12-10, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll watch. Maybe they can grab a few guys from Oz while they are at it
Old 10-12-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
If Knepper signs on to play T-Bag I'm there.
This.
Old 10-12-10, 12:47 PM

This might make me forgive his stint (and accent) on Heroes.
Old 10-12-10, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
This would be great if they forget about the missing hand.
Totally agree. That may have been the stupidest plot point of the show and really made some of the things he pulled off as unbelievable.
Old 10-12-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the missing hand was great myself. What other show does something like that happen and the character is still around.
Old 10-12-10, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Whovever thought a show featuring one of the most evil convicts would end up being a fan favorite more than the two main characters? Hated Michael and Lincolns characters but loved T-bag
Old 10-12-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Navinabob
I'll watch. Maybe they can grab a few guys from Oz while they are at it
If we're reviving a hand, they can revive Adebisi.

Problem is, I don't think Oz was a Fox show. We can wish, though.
Old 10-12-10, 06:32 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Knepper's T-Bag is one of TV's best ever villians BUT Knepper has been whoring himself out to every tv show and it's dog as a villian so i do believe the impact of T-Bag's return will be lessened

Off the top of my head, since the end of Prison break, Knepper has been a villian in Heros, Stargate Universe and Chase. Just too much
Old 10-12-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up if T-Bag is back!

I don't watch Heroes, Stargate, or Chase, so I'm down for more Knepper.
Old 10-12-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Refresh my memory.. how did the T-bag storyline end on Prison Break?
Old 10-12-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Refresh my memory.. how did the T-bag storyline end on Prison Break?
T-Bag had a chance to sort of redeem himself and free Sara, but instead decided he'd rape her to get back at Michael. He was stopped though. When it came time to give everyone immunity, the group got to decide whether or not T-Bag would be part of the deal. They voted no and he was sent back to Fox River, resuming his position as one of the gang leaders and again having a boy at his side.

In The Final Break it is revealed that before he was sent back to Fox River he did a stint in a Miami Prison. While in there, he was with General Krantz and they had a mutually beneficial relationship that mostly revolved around trying to have Sara, who was in the woman's prison, killed. Lincoln visited T-Bag and asked for his help in setting off an alarm in the prison so they could break Sara out and that in return they'd give him a million dollars. When he checked to see if the wire transfer went through, he found that it had not, and decided to blow the whistle on the escape plan. Turns out, Michael had planned for T-Bag to blow the whistle as part of Sara's escape plan. The warden assumed T-Bag told them about the plan as part of the plan and threw him in solitary confinement. He was then eventually transferred back to Fox River.
Old 10-12-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

I haven't seen The Final Break yet, but I would definitely watch this series. T-Bag was a great character.
Old 10-12-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by MLBFan24
I haven't seen The Final Break yet, but I would definitely watch this series. T-Bag was a great character.
Rent it ASAP. It was a great end to Prison Break and gave the series much better closure.

If you have Netflix, you can watch it streaming...it's included in season 4.

I'm definitely interested in Breakout Kings whether or not Knepper signs on. I think Matt Olmstead and Nick Santora did great work as Producer and Writers on Prison Break and I will gladly support this project.
Old 10-13-10, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

T-Bag AND A&E? Killer combination. I'm sold. This can get alot grittier on cable too
Old 10-13-10, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
T-Bag had a chance to sort of redeem himself and free Sara, but instead decided he'd rape her to get back at Michael. He was stopped though. When it came time to give everyone immunity, the group got to decide whether or not T-Bag would be part of the deal. They voted no and he was sent back to Fox River, resuming his position as one of the gang leaders and again having a boy at his side.

In The Final Break it is revealed that before he was sent back to Fox River he did a stint in a Miami Prison. While in there, he was with General Krantz and they had a mutually beneficial relationship that mostly revolved around trying to have Sara, who was in the woman's prison, killed. Lincoln visited T-Bag and asked for his help in setting off an alarm in the prison so they could break Sara out and that in return they'd give him a million dollars. When he checked to see if the wire transfer went through, he found that it had not, and decided to blow the whistle on the escape plan. Turns out, Michael had planned for T-Bag to blow the whistle as part of Sara's escape plan. The warden assumed T-Bag told them about the plan as part of the plan and threw him in solitary confinement. He was then eventually transferred back to Fox River.
Ahh.. yes... it's coming back to me now.
Thanks!
Old 10-13-10, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, I'd love to see T bag again. Thought Prison Break was a great show with some top notch acting. The writing wasn't always at it's best, but I give them a lot of props for making it a clever, extremely fun show that had a bevy of enjoyable characters you cared about.

Also agree that The Final Break was surprisingly a great end to the series.
Old 10-13-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Always been a fan of Knepper and only saw Prison Break because of him. Though I thought he was awesome I couldn't stomach the bullshit and other retarded actors so I stopped watching half a season in. I was wondering what happened to him and only watch Stargate now, from what Ive seen though he rarely comes out and in the 2nd episode I only saw him in the background he never spoke!

I cant wait for this show.
Old 10-14-10, 12:36 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

IF we get T Bag back, i want to see the original raw T Bag, not the sanitised commercial T Bag

What about an opening T Bag scene with him pulling up his pants all satisfied and then pan accross to a boy on the bed face down sans clothes with blood dripping from his bottom. That will be impactful and will instill the hate the audience should have for the character.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.