Old 10-08-10, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Haven -- Season Finale -- "Spiral" -- 10/08/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-10

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A criminal with surprising links to most of the cast arrives in Haven while the cracks and fissures that have troubled the town multiply in the Season Finale of Haven.

Last episode of the season

I'm a few weeks behind, so I haven't commented on the last few episodes, but some good news to report.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/syfy...second-season/

Renewed for a 2nd season on Thursday. Filming will begin in the Spring and will return next Summer.
Old 10-08-10, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Haven -- Season Finale -- "Spiral" -- 10/08/10

Excellent news. Thanks.

This has turned out to be my favorite summer show and guilty pleasure.
Old 10-08-10, 11:49 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thanks for the news on the renewal.

Been liking the show alot, and it looks like they cranked up the mythology part of the show in the season finale. Liked how the episode ended - was expecting one part of it, but didn't expect the other.
Old 10-08-10, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, they really saved the best for last, and (literally) sent the season out with a bang.

Fantastic episode - they hit the mythology hard tonight. So I guess the Chief was the caretaker of Haven and was keeping the Troubles at bay until Audrey showed up? Since Nathan is the son of the guy with the tattoo, I wonder if he's supposed to be the one who kills Duke. I wonder what Duke's role is in all of this.

Loved the twist at the end. I'm glad the show got a second season, so we won't leave on that cliffhanger.

That actor who plays Nathan gave off a strong Peter Krause vibe this ep.
Old 10-09-10, 06:33 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Fantastic episode - they hit the mythology hard tonight. So I guess the Chief was the caretaker of Haven and was keeping the Troubles at bay until Audrey showed up? Since Nathan is the son of the guy with the tattoo, I wonder if he's supposed to be the one who kills Duke. I wonder what Duke's role is in all of this.

Yeah, Duke is still a big mystery, although I have a feeling he's actually "Troubled" but in someway fully in control of his powers or can easily hide it. The tattoo people seem to be some sort of organization within the town, although the appearing/disappearing tattoo on the doctor adds to the mystery and what her role in the organization is.

The big reveal for me were the 2 newspaper guys - just from their scenes in the finale, I'm curious what their story is especially with the "surviving" aspect (and if maybe there were even more cycles of Troubles prior).

As for Audrey, it seems like her power is to neutralize another Trouble's power (Nathan, the guy who was moving fast). I think Nathan might be the one inheriting the caretaker role, and Audrey is more of an external force that acts as a spoiler - especially if she is Lucy and is somehow ageless and able to "reboot" her life for when the Troubles starts.
Old 10-09-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Just now watching last night's episode, Hooked me with the Shawshank references right off the bat.
Old 10-09-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode! Never even saw that final twist coming.

There is a lot to digest, but a couple of things have occurred to me.

Obviously, the "friends" that Hansen referred to are the tattoo people, so Julia is/was one of them. The appearing/disappearing tattoo leads me to believe that there is something more to the tattoo itself than just ink. It may be the result of, or the source of, the troubles. And with Julia's dislike for Duke, she is most likely the one he should be fearing. Which is ironic, since he seems so determined to make her like him. I think that may tie together before that arc plays out.

I also loved the dramatic change in Vince's character when he met up with Hansen on the street. He showed no fear at all. If anything, he seemed to be more intimidating than Hansen did in that scene.

And I also loved the way the Chief's broken bits started rattling around in the box. I wonder if we've really seen the last of him.

All in all, this was a great setup for next season.
Old 10-09-10, 11:06 PM

Haven: Heroes in Maine
Old 10-09-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by greydt
Yeah, Duke is still a big mystery, although I have a feeling he's actually "Troubled" but in someway fully in control of his powers or can easily hide it. The tattoo people seem to be some sort of organization within the town, although the appearing/disappearing tattoo on the doctor adds to the mystery and what her role in the organization is.
Duke and Audrey seem to be keys, though I'm not sure how. It looks like there is a war of sorts between the Tattoo Cult and the Troubled. Hansen was troubled, but the Rev said he was a "good man." Maybe he converted and proved his faith by killing that family and the Colorado Kid?

Originally Posted by RoboDad
I also loved the dramatic change in Vince's character when he met up with Hansen on the street. He showed no fear at all. If anything, he seemed to be more intimidating than Hansen did in that scene.
That was a great little scene. Vince went from quirky guy to menacing character seamlessly. If the Troubles occur every 25 years or so, then he's been through them twice.
Old 10-10-10, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Highlander
Haven: Heroes in Maine
To me it's more like Heroes Meets The X-Files, and IMO combining the best of both shows, at least so far. Yes, it started slow, but now that we can see what they were building to, it was worth the wait.
Old 10-11-10, 12:38 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

This series was "hit or miss" for me for the most part. I did enjoy the season finale though.