Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Easy Money deleted scene

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy Money deleted scene

So most people that are a fan of this hilarious 80s Rodney Dangerfield flick know that there is a nude scene missing from the DVD and VHS release.

The missing scene involves Monte's neighbor Ginger (playboy playmate Kimberly McArthur), who shows up at a boxing match to tempt him to gamble and smoke weed...and she flashes her gigantic boobs.

I was too young to have seen this in the theater, so my memory of this scene comes from HBO or Cinemax. I own the DVD and previously owned the VHS. That scene is not on either of those formats.

I was wondering if someone here owns the laserdisc or knows if that scene is included on the laserdisc release.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-10, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Easy Money deleted scene

I do not remember that scene at all...only nude scene I remember is when he goes outside and see his daughter (or neighbor) laying out nude
Old 10-07-10, 02:39 AM

Yes that scene is included on both the DVD and VHS release. The scene I'm talking about is a dream sequence.
Old 10-07-10, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to its "alternate versions" entry on IMDb, DVD and VHS releases used the theatrical cut while HBO showings used a slightly extended version with the scene you mention. A poster on there says it was on a Beta he had and he always assumed it was in the theatrical cut.

Or for a few bucks, you could check the ld yourself - it's on eBay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Easy-Money-Rodne...-/290465795358
Old 10-07-10, 03:20 AM

Yeah I've got a couple of those LD on my watch list. Didn't wanna make the investment if it's not on there. No boxing scene, no sale lol.

I checked the forum on the IMDB page. Totally missed that thread. Thanks.
Old 10-07-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

I had an old copy of it taped from the movie channel in the mid-80s. I remember it showed the neighbours with the husband trying to tempt him with drugs and then her top rolling up like window blind.
Old 10-07-10, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by orangerunner
I had an old copy of it taped from the movie channel in the mid-80s. I remember it showed the neighbours with the husband trying to tempt him with drugs and then her top rolling up like window blind.
Yep, that's the scene. Now just need to know if it's on the laserdisc or not.
Old 10-08-10, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

I have the CED videodisc and that scene isn't there- I thought it had been cut by mistake til I found out it was added for a cable version. Back when channel 40 in Sacramento was good, they ran this uncut including that scene- when they started sucking they ran it again with the nudity cut out.
Old 10-14-10, 04:40 PM

I just ordered the Vestron Video VHS release of this flick to see if it includes the missing scene or not. Someone reported the scene being on the betamax release--and the Verstron version is the earliest VHS release, and exact same as the betamax and laserdisc release. So...I'll report what I find, later.
Old 10-20-10, 10:09 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I caught a recent airing of this on MGMHD the other day and hoped there was an off-chance this missing scene would be included in the cut they used. No such luck -- sounds like it was the same cut as the DVD.
Old 10-20-10, 01:10 PM

It's probably safe to say this scene was only ever in cable/HBO showings. There was a rumour going around about an extra or extended nude scene in Private School when it was on cable in the '80s. Seem to remember someone looking for it on a video trading site years ago.

It wouldn't surprise me if special cable versions were made of several movies back then to help pad the runtimes out to fill a 90 or 120 min timeslot, to avoid running too many station promos.
Old 10-20-10, 10:08 PM

Well, time to be disappointed. I've now officially given up on my search for the version of this film that includes the missing boxing scene. The earliest home video release of this film did not include the scene. So I'm going to assume since the betamax and laserdisc are identical releases, the scene will not be there either. This film does not get much respect as it is so the idea of getting a special edition release with deleted or alternate scenes is probably wishful thinking.

It would be nice to come across someone that had the Showtime version that they recorded way back in the day but I'm not going to hold my breath. Oh well, I'll always have the memories.
Old 10-20-10, 11:34 PM

At about 1:30 in this movie trailer is this where the scene might have been?http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1006...oney/trailers/
Old 10-21-10, 12:25 AM
Banned

They may include it on BLUE-RAY.
Old 10-21-10, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by sniper007
At about 1:30 in this movie trailer is this where the scene might have been?http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1006...oney/trailers/
I don't remember what part of the film had the missing boxing scene but yes, that is the scene in the trailer which I'm on the hunt for.

So if that scene is in the theatrical trailer, but it wasn't in the theatrical release because it ended up on the cutting room floor, then that means it was just re-added to the version that was being showed on the premium cable channels in the 80s and not just a random scene added for cable. And I say that because some people say they don't remember the scene being in the theatrical release of the film but that it was just a "new" or "alternate" scene that was only added for or available on the premium cable version.

This film has a barebones dvd release and doesn't get much respect. A blu-ray release seems unlikely.