Old 10-06-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Undercovers -- "Devices" -- 10/06/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When an informant claims to have information on a codebreaking device that would compromise the identities of every agent in the CIA, Shaw (Gerald McRaney) sends Steven (Boris Kodjoe) and Samantha (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) to Berlin to verify the man's claims. When the informant is killed, the duo meets with Hoyt (Ben Schwartz) and Leo (Carter MacIntyre) to check out the allegations. As the team travels throughout the city, they are surprised to learn that the device isn't as it seems. Amidst the danger around them, Steven and Samantha struggle to find the balance between being partners and husband and wife while out in the field. Back in Los Angeles, Lizzy (Mekia Cox) connects with a man while catering his father's funeral.

So I've watched the 2 episodes that have aired so far and I'll be honest I'm a little disappointed in this show. There is alot of potential here to create a compelling spy/action drama, but I think JJ and Josh Reims are having trouble creating a compelling & consistent tone for it. I'm not getting really a big sense of danger of Steven and Samantha's missions and most of the time I feel like I'm watching an updated version of Hart to Hart.
Old 10-06-10, 02:25 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Undercovers -- "Devices" -- 10/06/10

I gave up on this show after last week's episode. I may DVR tonight's episode and watch after the fact if it gets some positive feedback here.
Old 10-06-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

I like Boris Kodjoe alot as the co-lead and I'm glad he's getting such a high profile gig considering he was doing mostly low budget Urban themed movies and that Showtime show Soul Food early in his career. But, I think the real surprise is Gugu Mbatha-Raw. Very beautiful, sexy actress and does a good American accent. If this show doesn't work out, I'm sure she's going to be getting alot more offers.
Old 10-06-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've already dropped this one from our DVR list as well. It was OK, but with so many other shows competing for our limited time, it didn't make it "above the yellow line".
Old 10-06-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was lukewarm after the first one but episode 2 and pairing them up with Leo again was a lot of fun. I'm in until it gets canceled and I'm looking forward to it. It's light but I'm ok with that, and other than Survivor and ABC's comedy lineup, there is nothing else I watch on Wednesday, easily my least busy night of the week for TV.
Old 10-07-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is passable but not by much. I will most likely continue watching until it is canceled.