Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Showtime on Demand

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Showtime on Demand

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how Showtime On Demand works.

We've never used On Demand before on our DISH.

I'm wondering if (in an attempt to save some $) if I could wait until one of their original series is over and then subscribe to the channel for a month to use the On-Demand offerings.

If so - does using the On-demand cost extra?
Old 10-01-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Showtime on Demand

Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how Showtime On Demand works.

We've never used On Demand before on our DISH.

I'm wondering if (in an attempt to save some $) if I could wait until one of their original series is over and then subscribe to the channel for a month to use the On-Demand offerings.

If so - does using the On-demand cost extra?
The episodes & movies on Showtime On Demand all have expiration dates. So, you may not be able to wait until all 12 episodes of Dexter or Californication finish. And No, as long as your a subscriber to Showtime, there is no extra cost. I have Showtime On Demand through Directv.
Old 10-01-10, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
The episodes & movies on Showtime On Demand all have expiration dates. So, you may not be able to wait until all 12 episodes of Dexter or Californication finish. And No, as long as your a subscriber to Showtime, there is no extra cost. I have Showtime On Demand through Directv.
So - if I only subscribed for a couple of weeks - does the On Demand feature cost extra?
Old 10-01-10, 05:55 PM

Just checked the website - Dexter (episode 5.1) is available until March of 2011.
Old 10-01-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

So are you aiming to subscribe only for 1-2 weeks just to download all 12 episodes of Dexter and then cancelling promptly?
Old 10-01-10, 06:00 PM

So are you aiming to subscribe only for 1-2 weeks just to download all 12 episodes of Dexter and then cancelling promptly?
Not sure - that's why I wanted some suggestions on how it all worked. We don't watch enough movies to necessitate the channel otherwise.
Old 10-02-10, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mulderxcoltrane
So - if I only subscribed for a couple of weeks - does the On Demand feature cost extra?
As DJariya said, it's included with your subscription to Showtime. At least it is here on TWC.

But you can't "save" the videos and watch them later*... it's like one of those music subscription services: once you cancel Showtime, all the OD stuff goes away. And most of the premium channels "stagger" their OD content, so that there's only 3-4 episodes of a show available at any given moment. So by the time the season finale of Dexter rolls around, episodes 1-4 have probably already been taken off OD.

Rex

* = IFAIK, you can't save OD stuff with any hardware given out by a cable company. If you have a TV tuner card in your PC or a DVD recorder attached to your TV, you could obviously capture the stuff, but it's not like a normal DVR when you can save stuff for months on end.