Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Media Prices (October 3rd - 9th, 2010)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

pixs from CES at Blu-ray Bargains forum

- - -

First off there appears to be an error in the ad. The DVD/Blu-Ray release for "A Nightmare On Elm Street" reboot (2010). The image used in the advertisement showcases the cover from the 2006 special edition (an InfiniFilm edition). They should honor the price for the correct title.

I'll be getting "Caprica" S1.0, but I'm disappointed by the price. I was really expecting this to be $29.99. I am curious about the price on "Iron Man 2" $14.99 - the two disc version?
Old 10-01-10, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (October 3rd - 9th, 2010)

tempted to pick up daybreakers
Old 10-01-10, 01:03 PM

holy shit the iron man 3 disc blu ray is only gonna be 19 bucks!! im so glad i havent opened mine yett! i can get my 27 bucks back and get orphan! wahoo next week is gonna be an expensive tuesday
Old 10-02-10, 04:52 AM

I feel better about that "Caprica" S1.0 price, got an email from BB. I now have a five dollar voucher. Gonna be using that Tuesday.
Old 10-02-10, 08:46 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Doesn't look like Best Buy's ad this upcoming week has much going for it yet again. If they're going to get out of offering sales on DVDs I wish they'd just do it and put themselves out of my misery. I used to count Best Buy as a decent source for a good sale from time to time, but they haven't had a decent sale on DVDs for so long, I don't know why I keep torturing myself by going there week after week, must be a glutton for punishment. -kd5-
Old 10-02-10, 10:06 AM

You can currently pre-order Caprica for in-store pickup at Best Buy's website for $31.99, the same price Amazon is listing at the moment. Anyone know what Target's in-store price is yet?
Old 10-02-10, 12:04 PM

Why is there a blue and a silver version of Beauty & the Beast? They look like they are the same thing.
Old 10-02-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Blu is in Blu-Ray size case.. Silver is in DVD size case...
Old 10-06-10, 04:48 AM

This post isn't about sales.

Just a heads up.

I picked up "Caprica" (price matched their website and used my RZ voucher). It was busy, very. I asked. Today or rather yesterday now had the various district managers from all over California and neighbor states visit Best Buy's flagship store, the San Bernardino outlet (I saw a charter bus in the parking lot). My store is moving towards digital - less physical items; CD and DVDs. In fact my store in the past weeks had a major overhaul. It looks nothing like it used to. One whole long rack (or two) worth of DVDs are gone. The CD section is even worse.

So?

All the stores in California are now going to look like that. From what I heard, TODAY, Wednesday is the day many stores will begin their revamping. If you want that DVD or CD that isn't among what would be considered 'popular' and live here in the state, you might want to pick that up. It won't be available for long. And not inventory sold in some great sale, no just packed away, shipped back the distributor. It's messed up.
Old 10-06-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JohnIan
This post isn't about sales. Just a heads up.

My store is moving towards digital - less physical items; CD and DVDs. In fact my store in the past weeks had a major overhaul. It looks nothing like it used to. One whole long rack (or two) worth of DVDs are gone. The CD section is even worse.

So?

All the stores in California are now going to look like that. From what I heard, TODAY, Wednesday is the day many stores will begin their revamping. If you want that DVD or CD that isn't among what would be considered 'popular' and live here in the state, you might want to pick that up. It won't be available for long. And not inventory sold in some great sale, no just packed away, shipped back the distributor. It's messed up.
Too bad that Best Buy is going to have an even suckier movie selection. Walmart used to be great, but then they trimmed theirs down to almost nothing and I hardly ever buy anything there. Circuit City obviously went away a long time ago. Now Best Buy will have very little. My Ultimate Electronics still doesn't carry any movies. My Borders got rid of their entire movie department and has 2 little stands (maybe 50 movies) total. Sears never carried much to begin with (I don't think I've ever bought a movie there). Who's left with any decent selection?

If this is true, I guess Fry's Electronics will soon be the last retail store near me where I have any chance of finding anything besides the latest and most popular movies. My Walmart likes to tell me they will be getting more movies to fill their expanded electronics section, but so far all I see is that they've taken the same small amount of movies and spread them over more floor space. At the current rate of attritition, in a few years I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is the last place left in the US that sells movies older than 6 months. Just kidding. :-) Since I'm so price conscious and most retail stores are not, it probably won't matter. I'd end up buying everything online anyway based on price.
Old 10-06-10, 04:41 PM

I've seen the transformation already at a few stores (Glendora, Montclair, CA). The DVD and CD racks have been downsized considerably...