TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Bang Theory -- "The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification" -- 09/30/10

Old 09-30-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Big Bang Theory -- "The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification" -- 09/30/10

"The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification"
Spoiler:
Sheldon realizes he won't live long enough to download his consciousness into a robot body, and attempts to extend his lifespan.

Originally Aired: September 30, 2010
Old 09-30-10, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Bang Theory -- "The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification" -- 09/30/10

And in real life news, Cuoco said that she and Galecki secretly dated for two years.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...g_banging.html
Old 10-01-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When Penny and Sheldon were stretching before running, I was hoping for a shot from behind of Penny touching her toes.

I think they overdid Raj's inability to talk to women. It's funny in small doses, but it was overkill this time.

The look on Raj and Howard's faces when Penny told them they could buy a used pair of her underwear for $1400 was hilarious.
Old 10-01-10, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Loved watching her stretch.
Old 10-01-10, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Loved watching her stretch.
Yes, sir!!

In other news...it's strange, because a good majority of their jokes are re-used a lot, but here I am laughing every time. I'm sure it will get old sometime soon, but I'm enjoying it now.
Old 10-01-10, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Yes, sir!!

In other news...it's strange, because a good majority of their jokes are re-used a lot, but here I am laughing every time. I'm sure it will get old sometime soon, but I'm enjoying it now.
Same here.
Old 10-01-10, 07:50 PM

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

This season just isn't working for me. I don't know if they've dumbed it down hoping for higher ratings or what. And Sheldon has gone from being charmingly annoying to just annoying.
Old 10-01-10, 09:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

"R2-Dbag"

I keep thinking of Landry's band on FNL whenever I see the title.
Old 10-01-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

Originally Posted by DeFan
This season just isn't working for me. I don't know if they've dumbed it down hoping for higher ratings or what. And Sheldon has gone from being charmingly annoying to just annoying.
I share those concerns. There are two problems I can see with this show as it increases in popularity.

One, the characters start to wallow in self-parody. Sitcoms have a tendency to let character traits completely overwhelm characters, so a not terribly bright character becomes a complete imbecile (ala Kelly Bundy), or a slightly eccentric character becomes delusional and batshit crazy.

Two, they let these guys start building wacky (and completely unrealistic) inventions, and building episodes around them. Like Sheldon builds a Sheldonbot that looks exactly like him, or they end up with a talking laptop computer that exhibits artificial intelligence.

And, yeah, for the luvvagawd, let Raj talk to Penny. It's been four years, it's getting old, and for as long as he's known her, there's really no way he can be that awkward and uncomfortable around her.
Old 10-02-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Loved the first episode this season. Hated this one.
Old 10-02-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 839 Likes on 586 Posts

I really think we need LESS Sheldon. I have the same reaction as Raj/Howard/Leonard when Penny asks Sheldon a question since I know he'll give some long-winded theory on the universe or something. I think they're relying on Sheldon too much and with his Emmy win I suspect they're going to milk it even further down the road.

I'd like to see the other characters in situations where Sheldon isn't around (other than a romantic Leonard/Penny thing) just to change things up.
Old 10-04-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Didn't like this one as much as last week's, though there were a few funny bits to it.

And the timeslot is still REALLY annoying me. I tried doing a manual record from 7-7:30 and it cut off the beginning and the end. WTF? Don't know what I'm going to do there. May have to resort to watching it online or something.
Old 10-04-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't you just add another minute to the beginning and end?
Old 10-05-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

No, because I have Bones recording on the other tuner and 30 Rock starting at 7:30. That's what started this whole mess in the first place. If they would just keep their show in the correct fucking timeslot, I'd be fine. Don't have problems with any other shows. /endrant
Old 10-06-10, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I share those concerns. There are two problems I can see with this show as it increases in popularity.

One, the characters start to wallow in self-parody. Sitcoms have a tendency to let character traits completely overwhelm characters, so a not terribly bright character becomes a complete imbecile (ala Kelly Bundy), or a slightly eccentric character becomes delusional and batshit crazy.

Two, they let these guys start building wacky (and completely unrealistic) inventions, and building episodes around them. Like Sheldon builds a Sheldonbot that looks exactly like him, or they end up with a talking laptop computer that exhibits artificial intelligence.

And, yeah, for the luvvagawd, let Raj talk to Penny. It's been four years, it's getting old, and for as long as he's known her, there's really no way he can be that awkward and uncomfortable around her.
Those are really good points. An earlier episode where Howard the engineer had to correct a flaw in space station toilet was out there, but believable in the context of the show. This episode felt really over-the-top with Sheldon building a virtual self.

What's funny is Raj is still getting chicks even though he isn't able to speak. I do agree that he should be able to talk to Penny by now in the group scenes.
Old 11-25-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw this repeat tonight, missed it the first time.

Although the idea of a Shelbot was stupid, it did make for some laughs. Especially his expressions in the car with Leonard, and almost causing him to drive off the road by powering his monitor back on remotely.

Agree about Raj. He should be able to talk to Penny by this point. Someone that shy wouldn't be able to function.

One small nitpick. In the beginning, Leonard referred to Sheldon's charts as plans to catch the Roadrunner and Sheldon totally understood the reference to Wile E. Coyote. However, in an earlier episode, when Penny asked them to finish the phrase, "I tawt I taw a ________" neither one of them could do it. If they're both familiar with Roadrunner and Coyote, how can they NOT know Tweety? They were on the same show!
Old 11-26-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Raj should be able to talk to a woman but it's impossible that these folks would learn about Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote over the course of a season or more?
Old 11-27-10, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Raj should be able to talk to a woman but it's impossible that these folks would learn about Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote over the course of a season or more?
If they didn't have enough interest to watch cartoons as children, they probably wouldn't as professional adults.