Old 09-30-10, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Nikita -- "Rough Trade" -- 09/30/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nikita tries to right a past wrong when she posed as a nanny for a government official who ended up dead. Michael comes to Nikita's aid during her quest, and also begins to question Percy's motives. Meanwhile, Amanda forces Alex to deal with her claustrophobia after she has a panic attack.

As far as the action genre goes, this and Hawaii Five-O have been the best new shows this season. Look forward to this and Fringe every Thursday.
Old 09-30-10, 07:34 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "Rough Trade" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
As far as the action genre goes, this and Hawaii Five-O have been the best new shows this season.
I feel the exact same way. zomg, bffs!
Old 09-30-10, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The people who produce Covert Affairs and Undercovers should take notes from this show - this is how a spy show should be done.

I really want to check out Maggie Q's Hong Kong films after watching this episode.
Old 10-01-10, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I definitely agree Hawaii-Five-0 and Nikita have been great.

Good episode, Maggie and Shane are getting better.

I've forgotten how much I enjoyed the original tv show, too bad the season dvds are still a bit pricey. Hope they come down soon.
Old 10-01-10, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
The people who produce Covert Affairs and Undercovers should take notes from this show - this is how a spy show should be done.

I really want to check out Maggie Q's Hong Kong films after watching this episode.
Naked Weapon is an absolute must. Fast paced martial arts flick and it's shot entirely in english

Dragon Squad aka Dragon Heat is also good. She has a small part, but she plays a badass sniper. Michael Biehn is actually one of the leads in this film and part of it is in english.

Gen Y Cops is good, but it's way over the top zany action. Probably 80% of it is shot in english and Paul Rudd co-stars. Maggie plays a Federal agent from the U.S.
Old 10-01-10, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Great episode tonight. The show has only gotten better since the Pilot.

There were some really solid fight scenes in this episode, but I especially liked the sequence in the sweat shop. Nikita is on pissed off bitch and I love that about her character I also thought they did a good job showcasing more backstory about Nikita and how her 1st mission impacted her.

The reveal that Han was actually a double agent working for the Triads was surprising and that it was connected with Percy. Russell Wong is one of my favorite Asian American actors and he was solid as the villain.

at Alex's bullshit story to Amanda on how her family was killed. Who wants to guess who pulled the trigger that killed her father? I hope it's the badass assassin with the dark rimmed glasses.

Most importantly, glad they added a little international flavor to this episode and made part of it take place in Hong Kong.
Old 10-01-10, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if that was Russell Wong playing the DHS/Triad double agent. I almost didn't recognize him. He isn't credited in the episode or in imdb. Glad I'm not seeing things.

I agree. We should see more of Russell Wong. It's amazing this veteran actor isn't doing more TV shows.