Sons of Anarchy -- "Home" -- 09/28/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Home" -- 09/28/10

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Jax and Clay head towards Canada after Jimmy provides misleading intel on Abel's whereabouts. The rest of the club splits off to help Happy with a pharmaceutical favor in redneck territory. Gemma tries to put old family matters to rest.

Channel: FX
Air times (EST): 10PM, 12:03AM, 1:03AM
Old 09-28-10, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- "Home" -- 09/28/10

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-28-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So basically The Priest is holding Abel as leverage so Samcro will help him take down Jimmy?

Am I understanding that correctly? Because up 'til now I've had no clue what's going on with that aspect of the storyline. It doesn't help that I can't understand a word The Priest says...
Old 09-28-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's necessarily leverage as much as almost desperation. Jimmy wants to return the kid and sever ties with the Sons. Priest wants the kid to eventually be returned but figures it will blow back on Jimmy if the Sons have to come over and knock heads together themselves.
Old 09-28-10, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, what an ending. Totally redeemed the Irish storyline, which I disliked mostly due to the fact I couldn't understand what was going on.

Regarding next week:

Spoiler:
I sort of wish they hadn't shown us Gemma made it through the heart attack, but eh, what're you gonna do? Guess I could've not watched the preview, but then again, I didn't really want to be in suspense for an entire week.
Old 09-28-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I don't think it's necessarily leverage as much as almost desperation. Jimmy wants to return the kid and sever ties with the Sons. Priest wants the kid to eventually be returned but figures it will blow back on Jimmy if the Sons have to come over and knock heads together themselves.
But, where was the kid at? It looked like an orphanage and they were going to be giving it up for adoption. And I'm pretty sure I heard The Priest say something about the kid going to a better home?

I'm not usually a fan of subtitling English, but in this case, I wish they had made an exception. I've missed half the story because of the accents, low talking, and mumbling.
Old 09-28-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's less the accents than the mumbling/low talking. I don't usually miss much even with accented English (thanks to an old Nigerian coworker who had been speaking English with a heavy accent her whole life), but I have a devil of a time with low talking and mumbling. I almost think Sutter made the choice to confuse us with all of this because he may have been trying to hold back on why the kid is staying there.

My guess is that it's less an orphanage and more a communal place for child rearing to help out with raising the kids of the dead and jailed soldiers in the movement.
Old 09-28-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I think it's less the accents than the mumbling/low talking. I don't usually miss much even with accented English (thanks to an old Nigerian coworker who had been speaking English with a heavy accent her whole life), but I have a devil of a time with low talking and mumbling. I almost think Sutter made the choice to confuse us with all of this because he may have been trying to hold back on why the kid is staying there.
You're right, it's the mumbling and low-talking primarily, because I had no problem whatsoever understanding what the Irish lady or Jimmy says, but The Priest and some of his friends were really hard to understand and they all talked much quieter and mumbled.
Old 09-29-10, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

was that Katey singing at the end?
Old 09-29-10, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That scene where they dropped Nate off might be the saddest thing I've ever seen.
Old 09-29-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Axeramm
was that Katey singing at the end?
I thought that too. It sounded just like her. I know she sings too, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was. I was going to look it up, but then forgot, and now I'm too lazy to look it up so I'll let someone else try their hand at it (although Sons Of Anarchy is good about posting what songs they used in a given episode on their website; hint, hint). Until someone says otherwise, I say yes, that was Katey Sagal singing at the end.
Old 09-29-10, 05:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I enjoy this show very much and I completely agree with how good the Nate/Retirement Home scene was but on the whole, the show relies too much on the same plot device where "Person A has info/can help Person B, but is too late/comes up short"

Hopefully with what was in the previews, Gemma's knowledge of Abel's whereabouts won't drag on forever.
Old 09-29-10, 06:12 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Anyone else catch that joke about Gemma dying her hair red?
Old 09-29-10, 11:14 AM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
+1

Thos.
Old 09-29-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
lol yeah, that was pretty clever.

That reminds me of the other scene I found particularly funny this episode. When Tara revealed to Jax they killed the caretaker, then Gemma came down, then Clay and Tig came down and everyone blamed each other in succession. I found it very subtle, but very funny.
Old 09-29-10, 01:28 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Still hoping they find that kid soon, or should I just accept this arc will likely run most of the season?
Old 09-29-10, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So the Sons don't have Gemma's # to give her a ring when she goes missing but they're able to track it down in Ireland?

Piney gettin' some action. Awesome! I'm not happy that we're probably eventually going to have to deal with him being offed at some point.
Old 09-29-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by superfro
So the Sons don't have Gemma's # to give her a ring when she goes missing but they're able to track it down in Ireland?
That was beyond unrealistic. It was in impossible territory. How could someone in Ireland track down a cell number of someone in the United States when it was one of those one-time use cell phones that she could have bought anywhere and may have never even used before.

Piney gettin' some action. Awesome! I'm not happy that we're probably eventually going to have to deal with him being offed at some point.
Is this speculation or something you've read about the show's casting/production? If it's the latter, I suggest you spoiler it because that's a pretty big reveal.
Old 09-29-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Is this speculation or something you've read about the show's casting/production? If it's the latter, I suggest you spoiler it because that's a pretty big reveal.
I'm the biggest baby EVER about spoilers and don't read anything. I don't even watch the next week's previews. Pure speculation on my part with him being old and his health, and his personal feelings on the direction of the club and Clay's involvement with his daughter in law's death and blah blah blah. I like the character a lot, but I feel like he won't make it out of the series.
Old 09-29-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm the biggest baby EVER about spoilers and don't read anything. I don't even watch the next week's previews. Pure speculation on my part with him being old and his health, and his personal feelings on the direction of the club and Clay's involvement with his daughter in law's death and blah blah blah. I like the character a lot, but I feel like he won't make it out of the series.
Ah, see I thought you meant he would die this season. I agree though, no way he'll still be alive by the series finale. He's too old and his health is too bad. And yes, Piney is great. Definitely one of my favourites.
Old 09-29-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And yes, Piney is great. Definitely one of my favourites.
Which is why they'll totally pull the rug out from under us with it. I'm just wondering if it'll be the source for a catalyst for Opie. I think I just still want Opie to beat the fuck out of Clay. BTW...all of this would be infinitely more interesting than listening to the Irish priest mumble about a baby.
Old 09-29-10, 04:07 PM

@sutterink (Kurt Sutter)
and for all of you who can't understand the irish... subtitles are for pussies. welcome to fucking belfast. aye.
Old 09-29-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RickerOne
@sutterink (Kurt Sutter)
and for all of you who can't understand the irish... subtitles are for pussies. welcome to fucking belfast. aye.
The more I think about it, the less it's the Irish accent. It's that stupid priest's inability to speak without mumbling. Seriously Sutter, tell your actor to speak up and quit talking like he has food in his mouth.
Old 09-29-10, 04:50 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

The more I think about it, the less it's the Irish accent. It's that stupid priest's inability to speak without mumbling. Seriously Sutter, tell your actor to speak up and quit talking like he has food in his mouth.
that guy was in Braveheart, with an accent, and I had no problems understanding him.
Old 09-29-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
that guy was in Braveheart, with an accent, and I had no problems understanding him.
He's been in lots of stuff besides Braveheart (Trainspotting, Troy, 2081) but that doesn't affect my being able to understand him in this role. He's mumbling his words, pure and simple.

Maybe it's because he's Scottish and he's trying to do an Irish accent? lol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.