Deep Discount Halloween DVD/BD Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-10, 08:34 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts
Deep Discount Halloween DVD/BD Sale

http://www.deepdiscount.com/Hallowee...romoCode=23924

Just ordered A Haunting: Seasons 1-4 for $32.18, cheapest price anywhere. Amazon had it for $33.99 but raised their price to $62.49 overnight... -kd5-
Old 09-22-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts
Re: Deep Discount Halloween DVD/BD Sale

A Haunting is an excellent show, it's been cheaper at Sam's Club (~$29). Excellent purchase for those on the fence. I've been disappointed so far by this deepdiscount sale.
Old 09-22-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked through a few of the categories and only saw a few worth while deals. I'm very underwhelmed with this sale.
Old 09-22-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only thing I got was the American werewolf in London 2 disc for $6, otherwise nothing stood out too much
Old 09-22-10, 10:44 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
A Haunting is an excellent show, it's been cheaper at Sam's Club (~$29). Excellent purchase for those on the fence. I've been disappointed so far by this deepdiscount sale.
Yep, I missed out on it when our Sam's Club had it for $24.88, my own stupidity. But at $24.88 plus tax, I only lost out on a little over $5, still it's cheaper than anywhere else I've looked, and I feel like it's worth what I paid.

I know what you mean about being disappointed with this sale, I've been disappointed with all of Deep Discount's sales lately, but like I said before, this was the cheapest I found A Haunting for anywhere I've looked (besides Sam's, and that was my own damned fault). -kd5-
Old 09-22-10, 10:50 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

everything i ordered was already back ordered, hopefully i get these by Halloween.
Old 09-22-10, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found some of this stuff at Big Lots for $3 each.

edit: Nothing says Halloween like Lakeview Terrace

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 09-22-10 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-22-10, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks OP!

Good prices on some of the Mill Creek Sets. Might have to jump on those soon.
Old 09-27-10, 09:58 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

My order arrived today, just 5 days later. It seems Deep Discount has made up for the 15 days it took to get my last order to me... -kd5-
Old 09-27-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jeez. When was the last time DVDPlanet, DDD's "sister site," matched one of these sales?
Old 09-28-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

I only WISH that Deep Discount was taking 15 days to get some Blu-rays that I ordered last month to me. I ordered THE WAGES OF FEAR Criterion Blu on 8/21, it was shipped on 8/31, and arrived on 9/17. I ordered BLACK NARCISSUS on 8/31, it shipped on 9/1, and arrived last week. I ordered PLAYTIME on 8/31, it shipped on 9/13, and it hasn't arrived yet, and I ordered REPULSION on 8/21, I got an email saying that it shipped on 9/14, but it hasn't shown up at the site as having shipped yet.

Admittedly, all of these titles were on back order, but (in the case of REPULSION) one would think that a disc ordered five full weeks ago would have made it to its destination by now.

This has left a really bad taste in my mouth for Deep Discount, and even though they've got some great prices on some Halloween DVDs from Dark Sky, I haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the interminable ship times.

Maybe I should spring for some slightly expedited shipping.
Old 09-29-10, 07:53 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rbrown498
If the DVDs are backordered it won't matter if you pay for expedited shipping, they won't ship until DD gets them back in stock. I had one DVD from the order before last that was backordered, I didn't even hold my breath on that one, I assumed it would take awhile so I wasn't disappointed. It was the ones that were in stock and ready to ship, but took 15 days to get here that pissed me off. This last order made up (a little) for that fiasco. -kd5-
Old 09-29-10, 11:45 AM
Banned

Has anyone noticed that it takes Deepdiscount FOREVER to get backordered dvds back in-stock?
Old 09-29-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yep I ordered American werewolf which I figured was common as dirt but haven't received any word on it being shipped or if it's even in stock
Old 09-29-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by pbishop69
Has anyone noticed that it takes Deepdiscount FOREVER to get backordered dvds back in-stock?
CDs too. And almost everything seems to be backordered no matter what the title. I have almost completely given up on DD and now suck up the extra buck or two since I get stuff from Amazon within a couple of days.

Unless I am in absolutely NO hurry to get something and I am saving more than a few dollars, my money goes to Amazon now. It's a shame. DD used to be such a good site.
Old 09-29-10, 02:31 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you would think with sales such as the Halloween sale, they would stock up before hand on products....but not the case...I placed my Halloween order 8 days ago...everything was out of stock then (9 titles) and everything is still out of stock...
Old 09-29-10, 02:55 PM

I'd be real careful about ordering a Halloween themed dvd. If it gets backordered, you might not receive it until AFTER Halloween.

Now that is scary!
Old 09-29-10, 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when does this sale end? I'm waiting on a paycheck that would help me take advantage of this sale, but it won't come until later in the month.

Thanks!
Old 09-29-10, 04:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rbrown498
I only WISH that Deep Discount was taking 15 days to get some Blu-rays that I ordered last month to me. I ordered THE WAGES OF FEAR Criterion Blu on 8/21, it was shipped on 8/31, and arrived on 9/17. I ordered BLACK NARCISSUS on 8/31, it shipped on 9/1, and arrived last week. I ordered PLAYTIME on 8/31, it shipped on 9/13, and it hasn't arrived yet, and I ordered REPULSION on 8/21, I got an email saying that it shipped on 9/14, but it hasn't shown up at the site as having shipped yet.

Admittedly, all of these titles were on back order, but (in the case of REPULSION) one would think that a disc ordered five full weeks ago would have made it to its destination by now.

This has left a really bad taste in my mouth for Deep Discount, and even though they've got some great prices on some Halloween DVDs from Dark Sky, I haven't pulled the trigger yet because of the interminable ship times.

I hear you loud and clear on this one. I felt the same way about spending a few more dollars for better shipping. In the past 2 months I've had 2 lost orders from DD!
Old 09-29-10, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely!!!