Old 09-21-10, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Parenthood -- "No Good Deed" -- 09/21/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Adam arranges for Sarah to take an internship at his company; Kristina babysits for Suze (Amanda Foreman) as she deals with her divorce; Julia makes a play date for Sydney; Jasmine and Crosby debate over where Jabbar should live.

Very solid premiere last week. I hope this doesn't get forgotten with all the extra competition this week.
Old 09-22-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "No Good Deed" -- 09/21/10

This is a great show.

I wanna know who saw this kind of potential in Dax Shepard. Before this he was mostly horrible in horrible movies, but he's one of the best in this.
Still ugly as sin though
Old 09-22-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to figure out who I fine more annoying.

Monica Potter or her character

Lauren Graham or her character
Old 09-22-10, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gunde
This is a great show.

I wanna know who saw this kind of potential in Dax Shepard. Before this he was mostly horrible in horrible movies, but he's one of the best in this.
Still ugly as sin though
I guess Kristen Bell would beg to differ.
Old 09-22-10, 02:29 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Great scene when Adam comes home from work to find his house a zoo and seeks solace in the car. Another good episode this week.
Old 09-22-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Strange how it got off to a slow start and by the end of season 1 it was close to perfect.

Then the new season started and it kind of fell flat and by episode 2 it was right at the level it left off last season.

I really loved this episode and it felt like it flew by, which is always a good thing. I think Graham and her character is great, but Potter not so much.

And Dax definitely brings the ugly. Kristen is known for being obsessive about rescuing dogs, so maybe that explains it.
Old 09-22-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk God

at Adam's reaction to drinking Sarah's coffee.

I had to laugh also when she brought the big ass coffee cups in the car.
Old 09-22-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, Julia is really pushing maximum density.
Old 09-23-10, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really good episode. Jasmine was really getting on my nerves, but I guess I sort of see where she is coming from. I just get tired of her not recognizing how great Crosby has been from the start and that he's doing a great job fathering Jabar. It's just so ridiculous that she walks all over Crosby and never treats him like an adult.

I liked how Crosby said he was going to call his sister and then Sarah said she didn't know what his rights were and that they should call Julia. In fact, that whole scene was pretty funny since Adam had both Crosby and Sarah in his office and almost had Julia on the phone. I kept expecting his boss to come walking in at any moment. I continue to dislike the addition of the boss, by the way.

There was a lot of funny stuff this episode. I liked how Adam started out saying the lunch was 77 minutes, then changed it to an hour and a half, then changed it again to two hours. Drew beating Zeke at Wii Tennis was funny, especially given how little effort Drew was putting forth. Adam was too funny when he walks in, sees his house is a zoo, then just retreats to his car. I hope Nole and his family are gone next week though.

Adam listening to Ray LaMontagne

Originally Posted by Gunde
Yeah, when I first checked out this show, I was worried about him, but along with Adam, Crosby is my favourite adult character. I like his storyline the best too. I'm just continually impressed by how great a job Shepard is doing in the role and can't imagine anyone else doing better. Whoever cast him deserves some serious recognition.

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I think Graham and her character is great, but Potter not so much.
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've never been a huge fan of Lauren Graham and I'm even less a fan of Sarah. She's selfish and has this ridiculous sense of entitlement and I hate that everyone in the family is so accommodating to her and bends over backward for her. Sarah tells Adam's boss all that stuff about Adam's personal life and then getting offended when Adam asks her not to? How can anyone like this character?

I do, however, love Monica Potter and her character. She's so under-appreciated. She does so much and no one really stops to realize it. That's why I loved that even though she was giving Adam the night off, he realized she can't do it alone and he needs to be there with her. Very nice moment.
Old 09-23-10, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yeah when Adam popped up at the Pizza joint I got kinda choked up. Both of them did a really cool thing for each other that night.
Old 09-23-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Finally finished this up today before I headed into work.

Another really solid episode. I liked how Adam was struggling to balance his work and personal life. He had every right to be upset at Sarah for blabbing to his boss. It was weird to see Adam stare at Sarah while he was talking to his boss during that 77 minute conversation. I know they intended to make him annoyed, but it seemed more like jealousy especially since Krause and Graham are a real life couple.

This has been said many times, but Dax Shepard is so good on this show. The scenes with him, Jasmine, Jabbar and Jasmine's Mother were really well done.
Old 09-23-10, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
I guess Kristen Bell would beg to differ.
To each his own, but Dax Shepard is coyote ugly, but he is great as Crosby.
Old 09-24-10, 09:57 PM

Finally got a chance to watch this episode earlier. An overall good episode, but 2 episodes in, whats the storyline(s) so far? The only story I notice is Adam getting his sister a job, and Crosby still trying to be a good father.