Dark Blue -- Season Finale -- "Dead Flowers/Personal Effects" -- 9/15/10

Old 09-15-10, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Dark Blue -- Season Finale -- "Dead Flowers/Personal Effects" -- 9/15/10

Dark Blue

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
The team slithers into the undercover shadows to bust two drug-smuggling brothers who are using a flower business as a front, but the case begins to wilt when Homeland Security interferes. Yet there's some blooming: Dean asks Jaimie on a proper date. Meanwhile, Ty is conflicted about his divorce, and a game-changing development impacts Carter.

Synopsis for Season/Series Finale:

Spoiler:
Season 2 closes with the crew advancing on two drug-smuggling brothers, but they hope to pin down a larger prize: a terrorist scheming to smuggle dirty-bomb components into the U.S. Meanwhile, a job opens up in Miami for Alex; a conflicted Ty muses deeply about his divorce.

Last 2 episodes of the season & most likely the series. Ratings haven't been good and most fans hate Tricia Helfer's character. The show was lucky to get a 2nd season, but I think it's luck has run out.

Dark Blue
Old 09-15-10, 09:58 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dark Blue -- Season Finale -- "Dead Flowers/Personal Effects" -- 9/15/10

Bummer I actually like this show.

I don't mind Helfer on here but they should have kept the sexual tension between here and Dylan going vs "living together".

They have pretty much completely lost any storyline with Jamie. And they should have kept Ty with his wife as well and continued on with his "dual life issues" would have made for a more interesting character then what he has become.

Greg
Old 09-15-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Last 2 episodes of the season & most likely the series. Ratings haven't been good and most fans hate Tricia Helfer's character. The show was lucky to get a 2nd season, but I think it's luck has run out.

Dark Blue
Yeah, on another forum I frequent they complain about the Carter/Alex relationship. I don't see the big deal - it's such a small part of the show. Also, I think Tricia Helfer is hot as hell, which helps.
Old 09-15-10, 01:05 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I didn't like her at 1st, but she grew on me, and although at times Helfer has a bit of a manface, her body is unreal. Will miss this show
Old 09-15-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, if this show is dead, I think it went out on a strong note. I liked the little moment of Alex finding the engagement ring. So I guess we can assume they live happily ever after.
Old 09-15-10, 11:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This seemed more like a series finale than a season finale so if this was the final show it wrapped things up for the most part. I do feel like as the season went on Alex and Carter relationship became a little more than a small part of the show. It seemed like almost every scene that they had some sort of tension while in the middle of a case or showing her hiding at his house or incorporating them into a case as a married couple. Just seemed a little too much of Carter and Alex. Anyway I hope the show comes back next season but it doesn't sound like it is.
Old 09-16-10, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I think this had some continuity problems
Carter already knew she was working on getting the Miami job, so why did he act a bit surprised when she mentioned it?

in fact I think she used the same exact lines to describe the new position
Old 09-16-10, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

go on a bust not wearing a vest?
man they stretch any attempt at credibility on this show
Old 09-16-10, 04:59 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
go on a bust not wearing a vest?
man they stretch any attempt at credibility on this show
nevermind the fact that they are all DEEP undercover simultaneously with multiple bad guys... oh well. good show, will be missed. Would love to see Logan Marshall-Green land somewhere else... the guy has charisma on screen... (although I just IMDB'd him and he evidently is in the much maligned M. Night's "Devil" LOL)
Old 09-16-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

It was a bit much as well that no one looked over the roof after the guy was thrown over.
Old 09-17-10, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Watched both episodes tonight and I agree if this is indeed the end, which is pretty much a certainty after seeing the ratings, it went out on a good note.

I think it still sucks how the writers mis-handled Ty and Melissa's relationship.

The case was compelling and I liked Johnny Messner and Seamus Dever from Castle as the villains. Michelle Borth was great as the floozy wife/whore....She was the 2nd straight person from the forgotten cast to work on this show...Rochelle Aytes being the other. I guess they got the hookup since Jerry Bruckheimer produced both shows.

^^ As Mike Hunt mentioned in his post, there was definitely a continuity error in one of the episodes. Alex indeed mentioned to Carter a week or so ago that she was up from a promotion in Miami. I was surprised to see her repeat it again and Carter acted surprised...again.

I know most fans of the show hated Carter and Alex's relationship, but I think it grew into something believable and the ending was bittersweet.

RIP Dark Blue (2009-2010)