Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

AMAZING!-WB actually matches special features on SD & BD!

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its about fu#*ing time!!! WB has finally offered the same special features on the newly released 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' Ultimate Collectors Editon SD and BD. As a SD fan myself, I am truly thankful this has finally happened. Hope they follow suit on future releases
Old 09-14-10, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: AMAZING!-WB actually matches special features on SD & BD!

Old 09-14-10, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase

Welcome to..DVD Talk.
Old 09-14-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

People still watch DVD's? What is this, the 80's? lol
Old 09-15-10, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind
People still watch DVD's? What is this, the 80's? lol
DVDs still outsell Blu-ray. I know it's hard for a lot of Blu-ray lovers to accept, but DVD is still the leading choice for consumers.

Oh, and there were no DVDs in the 80s.
Old 09-15-10, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Get Used to it my friend!
Old 09-15-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Barrybgb
DVDs still outsell Blu-ray. I know it's hard for a lot of Blu-ray lovers to accept, but DVD is still the leading choice for consumers.

Oh, and there were no DVDs in the 80s.
Blu-Ray is a premium product. I know it's hard for a lot of DVD lovers to accept that they should just get a cheap Blu player if they really want to have exclusive features, since one can be had for about $50-$100 without the need to upgrade your whole home theater system, but it's the truth, and will actually work, unlike bitching about it to studios that want to hawk Blu-Rays.
Old 09-18-10, 11:41 PM

The way I see it, the majority of people who actually watch special features own a bluray player. I bet when movies are released as 1-disc DVD, 2-Disc DVD, or 2-Disc Bluray. That the 2-disc DVD has extremely low sales numbers, compared to before blurays were released/popular
Old 09-19-10, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by acdcrocks1980
The way I see it, the majority of people who actually watch special features own a bluray player. I bet when movies are released as 1-disc DVD, 2-Disc DVD, or 2-Disc Bluray. That the 2-disc DVD has extremely low sales numbers, compared to before blurays were released/popular
I'm sorry I just don't agree with that! Before Bluray there were VERY large amounts of SD releases with GREAT special features and I own alot of them. I just don't know why the studios have to stop offering special features to SD owners who have supported them for years just to force them to purchase another format. I think it downright SUCKS!!! I will not back down on my stance on that!
Old 09-19-10, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by smurr05
I'm sorry I just don't agree with that! Before Bluray there were VERY large amounts of SD releases with GREAT special features and I own alot of them. I just don't know why the studios have to stop offering special features to SD owners who have supported them for years just to force them to purchase another format. I think it downright SUCKS!!! I will not back down on my stance on that!
For the same reason VHS with widescreen versions and extra features were released less and less frequently when DVD started coming out. Because people who like these type of things tend to be early adopters of new formats. It's a simple concept...it's not that hard to understand.

I think it downright SUCKS that more people don't get into Blu-Ray. Seriously, it's NOT that much more expensive, if at all. I got my player for about $100.00 and you can find them cheaper than that and just about any new Blu-Ray I bought I got for about the same price or less than the equivalent on DVD. You just have to shop around and look for good deals sometimes.

And I don't buy into the mindset that suddenly all my DVDs are obsolete. Yes, there are older DVDs with crappy transfers and new Blu-Rays have come out of those same titles with startlingly clear transfers that make the movie look new again, but there are Blu-Rays of older titles that don't look much better than an upconverted DVD. For the most part, upconversion of older DVDs is great. You just have to check out reviews and do your homework if you're considering upgrading any specific title, but no...Blu-Ray does NOT suddenly make your DVD collection obsolete.

But keep waiting...the longer you wait the more expensive it will be for you if you choose to upgrade some of your titles to Blu-Ray.
Old 09-19-10, 10:14 AM

Actually, I'm not waiting, I'm just flat out not bothering with it. It's great for those who are into it, though. I hope they get all the titles they want.
Old 09-19-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Then I just ask those not bothering with it to stop complaining when Blu-Ray buyers get something extra for the extra money they spend. It's not that hard of a concept to understand...pay more, get more!
Old 09-20-10, 03:33 AM
Banned

Plus, dvd can't always have the same extras that blu-ray has. Blu-ray has better capacity and quality. Not all of the extras that are on blu-ray will work on dvd because of the format.
Old 09-20-10, 05:47 AM

Yeah, but I don't think there's a single person complaining about not getting that killer BD live extra. The rest work perfectly fine regardless of format. Personally I could care less either way, just pointing it out.