Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The 1&O "Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (NDS)" Thread (in stores 09/14/10)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The 1&O "Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (NDS)" Thread (in stores 09/14/10)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 08:38 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Professor Layton needs your help.
London is in peril.
Defend it with all your wit.
Your cunning, your intelligence,
your solutions will save London.

http://professorlaytonds.com/

This is coming in the mail today, so I figured I'd start a thread for to talk about this game.

Please use spoiler tags.
Old 09-14-10, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The 1&O "Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (NDS)" Thread (in stores 09/14/1

Like all the other Professor Layton games, this one is awesome. I don't have much to add beyond that.
Old 09-15-10, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The 1&O "Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (NDS)" Thread (in stores 09/14/1

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Like all the other Professor Layton games, this one is awesome. I don't have much to add beyond that.
Picked mine up on Sunday and I'm really enjoying it. It is pretty similar to the previous ones with a crazy story and great puzzles and I couldn't be happier with it. The puzzle you unlock with the code from the previous game was pretty tough though. Not good at those slide puzzles.
Old 09-20-10, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I'm on the final chapter and this one is probably my favorite of the series. Not to spoil the story, but it has all the same plot holes you could drive a truck through of the previous ones. The charm of the story totally makes up for it though and I love the fact you get such a large group of characters with you for a large part of the game.

The puzzles in this one are excellent. Quite a few tricky questions that get you working something out the hard way when the answer is quite simple. Much less of the annoying slider puzzles and more good brain teasers this time around. I loved the car minigame, but I just couldn't wrap my head around the parrot one. I just couldn't seem to get it no matter how hard I tried.

Overall though this game is a must own, but of course so is the entire series. If you grew up with a subscription to Games magazine like I did this series is a dream come true.