Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii Party

Old 09-05-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wii Party

OK, since I've had the game for a few months now, and I've played most of it, I'll give my thoughts out, and it's not all that great.

First of all, if you don't have any friends, this game will bore you to death. This game is made for the party mode with interaction from people in the room, and 1 player is very average.

Board Game:
Like Mario Party, rolling the dice and moving on the board sounds good, but there are some major flaws. First off, there is only 1 stage to go through. Also, it's a straight shot from the start to the goal. Once you get to the goal, that's it. Game over. No coins, no items.

Around the World Board Game:
A little better as there are different variations to travel to many places around the world in different directions, but still not all that satisfying.

Mii-Jong (Mahjong variation)
Is just about remembering colors like "concentration". More like a long minigame...

Roulette
Another game of chance, but this time with coins, but what can you do with the coins? nothing. Just play minigames and spin the wheel for the most coins.

Pair Party and Living Room Party
Pair Party modes and Living Room Party modes are playable only with more than 1 person, mostly. These can be pretty fun in some games, like the "hot Potato" like game with the wii remote, and the hiding the wii remote game, but it does wear off quickly....

So how are the minigames?
Some are fun, some are bland, some take skill, some take luck. Overall, the Mario Party ones are much better.

So then, what is good about this game, if anything?

The game was not designed for hardcore gamers. It's designed for families, non-gamers, and casual gamers. It's not about playing it a lot to gain skill, it's about playing it randomly when people are around and they have a fun time for a short while. People expecting 100s of hours will get nothing. The game is making huge numbers in Japan because of the simplicity and random chances that make it so anyone can play, and anyone can win.

For gamers, I don't recommend it at all! For the ones who want a simple party with a group of friends or family, then this does hit the pot, although there are many things that could have been much better....

questions?