Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone try the Warner Bluray upgrade site?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I just stumbled on this site today where you can trade in some of your standard Warner DVD's to Warner and receive the upgraded Bluray DVD in the mail at $4.99 each. They just send you the disc you keep the old Standard case, i guess. Has anyone tried this out? Any problems
Old 08-31-10, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Anyone try the Warner Bluray upgrade site?

Try this thread in the Bargins section.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/564...am-begins.html

Yes, I've traded twice. 11 dvds total. In some cases it's a good deal. In some, it's not. You have to check around what the cheapest prices are for each one you want to trade. Take 'A Perfect Storm'. That would be a good trade. It's $4.95 to upgrade plus $1 to mail your dvd to WB. At Amazon, the price is $15.49 for a new blu-ray. And you'll only get about $1.00 to $3.00 for selling your dvd. So it's costing you $13.00 to buy the blu-ray. Send them the dvds that you want to upgrade. They'll send you brand new sealed blu-rays. Free shipping if order is $25.00 or more at both WB and Amazon.

Last edited by darkhawk; 09-01-10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-31-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Ive been eyeing it for a little bit now. Now they offer some tv seaons for 14.95 or 19.95 as well.
Old 09-01-10, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I upgraded 5 movies back in June when they had free shipping. The only part I hate is that I'm unable to sell my DVDs.
Old 09-01-10, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I upgraded 5 movies back in June when they had free shipping. The only part I hate is that I'm unable to sell my DVDs.
That's one of the good things about WB doing this. You can't sell them or you get so little $$ to sell them.

With Disney upgrade, you mail in Proof-Of-Purchase tabs to get an email for two $8 coupons to buy the Blu-ray. You keep your dvd and keep, sell, trade or give it as a gift. But with Disney, they just about all sell at a good price.
Old 09-01-10, 03:34 PM

About 4 to 6 weeks. Sometimes longer. I believe alot of people are doing this. My second order took about 12 weeks. It's delivered UPS. All have been new and sealed. I've had no problem. Planning on doing a third one soon.
Old 09-01-10, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I had heard of this or the Disney trade in. Do any other movie studios offer this service?
Old 09-01-10, 04:33 PM
Banned

Location: Conducting miss-aisle drills and listening to their rock n roll
Received 168 Likes on 126 Posts

I just recieved my order of ten new blurays yesterday from this program. The turnaround time was about 4 weeks. I'm pleased to report that I sent in the old 1998 flipper Wild Bunch and the old MGM version of 2001 and got blurays for those. So you can send them any version of the film and get the Blu.

I hope they continue this program and add Adventures of Robin Hood and Meet Me In St Louis.