Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dancing with the Stars, Season 11

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Dancing with the Stars, Season 11

The cast will be revealed tonight sometime during the Bachelor Pad episode.

Here are the rumored participants:

Spoiler:

Margaret Cho (”Drop Dead Diva”) – The part-time Peachtree City resident has had years of success as a stand-up comic and did a modest bit of dancing on the opener of season two of “Drop Dead Diva.” (right) She should at least be able to parry with the judges quite well.

- Bristol Palin. Yes, she’s famous thanks to her mom and her teen pregnancy. From a train wreck perspective, she’s the Kate Gosselin of this particular season. Could she dance any worse?

- David Hasselhoff. He lived here in Atlanta for awhile, not that anybody here is proud of that. The “Baywatch”/”Knight Rider” star theoretically can sing so can he do a paso doble, too?

- Florence Henderson. At age 76, the “Brady Bunch” star is the token old person this season. That means sympathy votes, at least for the first couple of weeks.

- Rick Fox. The NBA star and actor plays Harry on “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns” on TBS. That appears to be his Atlanta connection. Athletes almost always do well in this competition.

- Michael “The Situation” Sorrentino. The 27-year-old Staten Island breakout star of “The Jersey Shore” is probably going to spend more time with his shirt off than on during this competition. Does all that working out and fist pumping equal rhythm?

-Audrina Partridge (”The Hills”) – I don’t care either. But there she is.

- Jennifer Grey (”Dirty Dancing”) – With her background from “Dirty Dancing,” she theoretically should do well here. But that was 1987. Her career, unlike that of the late Patrick Swayze, did not take off.

- Brandy– The R&B star has done her fair share of reality shows including her current VH1 with her brother Ray J. So this is a natural. And given the track record of past R&B entertainers, she is expected to do well.

-Michael Bolton – The overwrought R&B singer hasn’t been seen much lately but he was hot in the 1990s. Hard to tell if he can dance. I doubt he’s done much in his videos (but I’m loathe to check again for sure.)

Last spring, they had a cast of just 11 celebrities. The leaks have now totaled ten.