Haven -- "Ain't No Sunshine" -- 08/27/10

Old 08-27-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,547 Likes on 2,541 Posts
Haven -- "Ain't No Sunshine" -- 08/27/10

Haven

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A local ghost story may be more than it seems as patients at a Haven clinic speak of a dark spirit that claims the lives of sick people before their time.

Episode 8 of 13
Old 08-28-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Haven -- "Ain't No Sunshine" -- 08/27/10

This show has become incredibly lame. The monster-of-the-week scenario is getting really old and is just a pale shadow of the X-Files. I mean, how many dead bodies can one small town produce week after week? This is getting ridiculous.

They better get going on the mother's story very soon (the only reason I've stuck around) or this show is toast.
Old 08-29-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flave
They better get going on the mother's story very soon (the only reason I've stuck around) or this show is toast.
I've given up on expecting them to advance the larger story arcs much. It's pretty much a freak-of-the-week show.

I enjoy it well enough and like the cast, but I wish the writers had been more ambitious. Doubt they'll get a second season.
Old 08-30-10, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I've given up on expecting them to advance the larger story arcs much. It's pretty much a freak-of-the-week show.
While I agree, they have finally moved Nathan's story forward this week. Not only did he lose his girlfriend, but he was able to genuinely feel Parker's peck on the cheek. Since a lot of the freaks we've seen so far are never really removed (see the blind guy with the detachable shadow), I wonder if they aren't building up to something for the season finale. (Unlikely, but wishful thinking.)
Old 08-30-10, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
While I agree, they have finally moved Nathan's story forward this week. Not only did he lose his girlfriend, but he was able to genuinely feel Parker's peck on the cheek.
I have to say the peck on the cheek scene was really well done. The actors are really doing a great job with some mediocre material.