Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Warner Brothers Archives rip offs

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-10, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had two incidents dealing with WB online, the first was ordering a Tarzan 5 DVD set for $49.99 + $5 shipping. I was placing the order on-line when the website froze. I never received a conformation e-mail and contacted WB telling them of the situation. I was told that no order was recorded so I went a head and replaced the order. A few days later I saw the money was taken from my account twice and contacted the WB again to which they said they couldn't see only the one order and not to worry that it was just probably and order pending and would be corrected. I then received and e-mail saying my order had shipped and low and behold, two orders of the same item showed up on my door step. I again contacted WB and they told me to send back the item at my expense. I went and talked to UPS who told me to simply refuse to except the package and they would return it to WB. I then had to deal with the WB trying to get a refund for the duplicate item, they claimed to not recieve it and eventually credited back $49.95 but kept the shipping even thou I gave them more then a heads up on what was happening.

The second item, I order a DVD from the Warner Archives, Planet Earth. It showed up unplayable. I contacted the WB and they said they would ship out a new one but I had to pay to send them back the faulty one they had sent me in the first place. So I ended up paying full price and then half price to get a working copy.
Old 08-19-10, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Warner Brothers Archives rip offs

Ok thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-19-10, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Play with burn-on-demand discs and you'll likely get burned. That's what my mom used to tell me.
Old 08-19-10, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've ordered probably four or five times from them (around 20-25 discs) and thus far haven't had a single issue with shipping, website, or playing issues on any of the discs. Maybe I'm just lucky though.
Old 08-19-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
I've ordered probably four or five times from them (around 20-25 discs) and thus far haven't had a single issue with shipping, website, or playing issues on any of the discs. Maybe I'm just lucky though.
Same for me.
Old 08-19-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

You know, DD carries WB Archives titles now, so it may be worthwhile waiting for the sale, and getting the benefit of a good returns policy and a responsive customer service department.
Old 08-19-10, 10:49 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain

Same here. I've purchased nearly 60 of their releases. Never a problem in the discs or the transactions.
Old 08-19-10, 08:14 PM

This was my first orders and my first experience with this type of return policy, especially having to pay for their screw up on a bad disk. You could see the gap on the disk where it apparently stopped writing and then started again.

I do think any future Wb purchases will be made thru DD.
Old 08-19-10, 09:48 PM

Only problem I ever had was delayed shipping.
Old 08-25-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Agent-0008
You could see the gap on the disk where it apparently stopped writing and then started again.
My local library has about 80+ Warner Archive discs and I've noticed this defect on three of them so far. The discs will not play all the way through, they just keep locking up. I had to report the defects to the library and am hoping they will get replacements.

It's ridiculous that Warners would charge YOU return shipping costs for THEIR defective product. Don't ever pay that; ask to speak to a supervisor and keep battling their b.s. until you get satisfaction. In this case they are in the wrong.