Old 08-10-10, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Louie -- "Dogpound" -- 08/10/10

Louie

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Louie encounters a neighbor.

at the vague Louie episode descriptions. This isn't Lost.

Episode 8 of 13

Promo for this week:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7ShSNyYzBY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n7ShSNyYzBY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-10-10, 11:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Re: Louie -- "Dogpound" -- 08/10/10

I don't think I laughed once, definitely the worst ep of the series so far.
Old 08-11-10, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it to be pretty funny. I think the first couple were weaker than this one for sure.
Old 08-11-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts

I guess if someone hasnt ever smoked pot then I can see why this episode wasnt funny. I laughed my ass off. The way the neighbor was fucking with him was a riot, The ending with the dog was a little predictable but other than that I enjoyed it.
Old 08-11-10, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe my favorite episode so far (the one with his dozey **** of a mother is a close second). When he was transfixed on the vet stroking the dog, I was in tears of laughter.
Old 08-11-10, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deadman31
I guess if someone hasnt ever smoked pot then I can see why this episode wasnt funny. I laughed my ass off. The way the neighbor was fucking with him was a riot, The ending with the dog was a little predictable but other than that I enjoyed it.
Ive never smoked and still found this funny! I was dying when Louie was watched the vet stroke the dog. And then as sad as it was, I still laughed when the dog died as soon as Louie got home with him.
Old 08-11-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

quick question. when Louie went into the coffee shop and all those people were talking weird was that because he was still stoned? Was he stoned the whole episode?
Old 08-11-10, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

quick question. when Louie went into the coffee shop and all those people were talking weird was that because he was still stoned? Was he stoned the whole episode?
I was wondering that, too. Do you get a hangover from smoking weed?

I thought this episode was hilarious. Louie's reaction to the vet scratching the dog had me .
Old 08-11-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts

I took the coffee shop to be one of those surreal sequences, exaggerating all the stupid bullshit people constantly yack, making it an ordeal to get in and out when you just want a quick cuppa coffee.

I thought the whole episode was hilarious. I got lots of big laughs. As low key in tone this show is, it's really my favorite this year.

I also just for the first time: in the intro, while Louis is standing in the doorway of the pizza shop, one of the people walking by flips the camera the bird. Louis gives them a look as they continue off-screen.
Old 08-11-10, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Didn't care for this one but I did appreciate that coffee shop scene.....when I'm hungover, that's essentially what it sounds/feels like.
Old 08-11-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I took the coffee shop to be one of those surreal sequences, exaggerating all the stupid bullshit people constantly yack, making it an ordeal to get in and out when you just want a quick cuppa coffee.

I thought the whole episode was hilarious. I got lots of big laughs. As low key in tone this show is, it's really my favorite this year.

I also just for the first time: in the intro, while Louis is standing in the doorway of the pizza shop, one of the people walking by flips the camera the bird. Louis gives them a look as they continue off-screen.

I was thinking the same thing, but then he seemed really fucked up. It looked like he threw a couple of $20 on the counter. I think maybe it was a combo of him being really a mess from the weed and vodka and the stupid bullshit people constantly yacking.
Old 08-12-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think maybe it was a combo of him being really a mess from the weed and vodka and the stupid bullshit people constantly yacking.
This.

Hngyeh nyah nyah hngyeh nyah hngyeh-nyah... Hngyeh nyah Republicans...
Old 08-12-10, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not the strongest episode of the season but I enjoyed it. I loved the crazy neighbor especially when he chucked the big water jug onto the car.
Old 08-12-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I never noticed that until you mentioned it.

Everytime I see that part of the intro I think how pissed I would be getting around him when entering and leaving the shop - as he seems to be standing there for quite a while judging by the progress he makes on his slice. I deal with that everyday as people stop at the top/bottom of an escalator, in a doorway, stairway, etc. either just looking around or reading email/texting on their iPhone/BB/etc. Louie seems like the type of person who would get pissed at this type of thing... yet he's doing it. I know it's just a show and intro... but still...