Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Love Generation DVD Boxed Set

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-10, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone - our church received a donation of a 5 DVD boxed set that I think is a TV series from Hong Kong called Love Generation. anyone help me with the identification? I can send pictures of the box. it is from a company called BNE. would appreciate any help! thanks
Old 08-07-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.

Not really sure about this at all, but on a quick check maybe it is the Japanese TV series called LOVE GENERATION from 1997. There was a later loose Hong Kong movie remake also called LOVE GENERATION but since you mention 5 DVDs it seems this should be the Japanese TV series and not the Hong Kong movie. As for the DVD set you have, again I'm not sure...it looks like there was a mainland China VCD set released but without English subtitles. On quick check I don't see any Japanese set but I only looked quickly and using the English title. What seems to be the mainland China release comes from an outfit called Brilliant Entertainment Marketing (don't know if that would be the BNE you mention though). Maybe they released it on DVD later or maybe what you have is some sort of gray market/fan release which added English subtitles (actually don't even know if the version you have has English subtitles), or maybe was culled from a TV broadcast. I see some places like ioffer are selling some set with English subtitles and I guess it is some sort of bootleg (no coverart on the listing though so you can't go there and compare it to what you actually have).

Anyway, hope this helps to at least get the ball rolling and find you the answer.
Old 08-07-10, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Love Generation DVD Boxed Set

Thanks - what I have is actually not a bootleg - its a professionally done box set - I can send you an image if I have your email address
Old 08-07-10, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to bother sending me the image as I wouldn't be of much help...don't know any Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Thai or whatever other Asian language the packaging might be. If you have a look at yesasia.com, buyoyo.com, and ebay.com, they do have some cover images of various VCD releases...you can see if maybe they match up with what you have.

I tried a quick look at cdjapan but didn't see anything on quick search to match LOVE GENERATION.

I suppose you do have some sort of official release that I'm just not seeing. At the same time...some bootleggers/fan-made (or gray market companies...or certain items out of China, Russia, Singapore, etc.) do a really nice job on packaging their product, every so often an even better job than legit companies do.

If I need help with Cantonese/Mandarin I sometimes ask the folks at the various Chinese restaurants I frequent...they've always been very helpful answering my questions.