Search this Thread

Old 08-03-10, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Hell's Kitchen -- "2 Chefs Compete" -- 08/03/10

HK

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The key to creating a successful dish is having a discerning palate. During the individual challenge, Ramsay asks the final four chefs to recreate one of his specialties as a way to test their ability to identify ingredients and flavors. The chef who presents the most delicious dish and chooses the most ingredients correctly jets off to a day of relaxation, while the losers must return home and spend the day cleaning. The dynamic in the kitchen turns sour when the physical exertion becomes too much for one contestant and compromises the team's ability to prep for dinner service.

Read more: Listings - HELL'S KITCHEN on FOX | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz0vWa7SCGU

Still the final 4. 2 will be eliminated tonight.

Next week is the finale and what promises to be more shocking than what this episode promises to be.
Old 08-03-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Hell's Kitchen -- "2 Chefs Compete" -- 08/03/10

Originally Posted by DJariya
Still the final 4. 2 will be eliminated tonight.
So why is it call "2 Chefs Compete" when it is 4? I realize it should be 3 at this stage, but huh? I honestly don't care who wins at this point. They all pretty much stink.
Old 08-03-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
So why is it call "2 Chefs Compete" when it is 4? I realize it should be 3 at this stage, but huh? I honestly don't care who wins at this point. They all pretty much stink.
All you need to know is that it will be shocking. In fact, it will be The Most Shocking Episode of Hell's Kitchen Ever!
Old 08-03-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
All you need to know is that it will be shocking. In fact, it will be The Most Shocking Episode of Hell's Kitchen Ever!
I dont know about that. I think next week's episode is going to be the most shocking episode EVERRRRRR! (Until next season starts, of course)
Old 08-03-10, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats shocking is how shocking the shock of Gordon Ramsey's shocking rissoto...
Old 08-03-10, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
Whats shocking is how shocking the shock of Gordon Ramsey's shocking rissoto...
The risotto is horrible! And this chicken is raw! You're going to kill somebody! Get out!
Old 08-03-10, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
The risotto is horrible! And this chicken is raw! You're going to kill somebody! Get out!
The risotto has taken a backseat this season to allow the scallops to be poorly made and either undercooked or burned.
Old 08-03-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I don't know. That's just what the stupid FOX press release calls this episode.
Old 08-03-10, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Come on Holli, you can do it. I hope she wins.
Old 08-03-10, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't even know why you bother to post episode summaries for this show DJariya. Every week should just be a generic "Some one overcooks Scallops, Chef Ramsey gets upset and calls someone a Donkey, and the most shocking elimination yet (or maybe not)"
Old 08-03-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god damn it.... get out....

savoy savoy savoy

undercooked

raw

BTW, i love the "jean... open hells kitchen"...(Big sequence... fireworks, fire, jean phillipe break dances)
Old 08-03-10, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't know. That's just what the stupid FOX press release calls this episode.
My TiVo called it "A contestant becomes overwhelmed".
Old 08-03-10, 08:30 PM

I was expecting Ben to say he faked the injury to mess with their heads. Thank god that douche didnt make it to the final two.

That scene of Autumn in her bra towards the beginning... Damn, she looked good!
Old 08-03-10, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
I was expecting Ben to say he faked the injury to mess with their heads. Thank god that douche didnt make it to the final two.

That scene of Autumn in her bra towards the beginning... Damn, she looked good!
I was hoping Ramsay would know what went on with Ben (quitting and sleeping through prep) before he made his decision on who to eliminate, but I'm sure they keep him up-to-date on everything that happens before he decides who to send home.

Holli is sending mixed messages concerning Jay and her babydaddy. On the yacht she was acting like he's the one for her (babydaddy) and talked about moving them to London, but when they were announced as the final two, the first thing she said to Jay was "We're alone".
Old 08-03-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm glad Ben is gone ... until next week. Jay seemed to handle the pass better than any contestant I've seen on this show ... he caught things without sending everything back like Autumn did once she got her taste of power.
Old 08-03-10, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by mraw
Holli is sending mixed messages concerning Jay and her babydaddy. On the yacht she was acting like he's the one for her (babydaddy) and talked about moving them to London, but when they were announced as the final two, the first thing she said to Jay was "We're alone".
I think the "were alone" was purposely meant to be taken as a flirt, but I think it was just her saying to him "were alone" as in "were the only 2 left." It really looks like they are together though.... I wouldnt be surprised if Jay proposed her to after the winner is declared... Now THAT would be the most shocking HK ever! (until next season, of course)
Old 08-04-10, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mraw
I was hoping Ramsay would know what went on with Ben (quitting and sleeping through prep) before he made his decision on who to eliminate, but I'm sure they keep him up-to-date on everything that happens before he decides who to send home.
Obviously he does. They are being filmed every second they're awake (and then some most likely). I just wanted one of the other 3 to call Ben on his BS when he was ranting how great his service was. One of them should have been like "Yeah? Well I'd have had a great service too if I'd been allowed to sleep while everyone else prepped." Douche.

While the final 2 is always fun, it kinda sucks to have the earlier incompetent rejects return to "help" them. I loved how they showed burnt scallops in the preview for next week (obviously footage shot earlier in the season). If I were relying on those guys to cook my menu, scallops would be the last thing I'd include!
Old 08-04-10, 09:50 AM

Jay is obviously going to win. To be honest though, I can't stand either of these two people.
Old 08-04-10, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by UltimateX1
Jay is obviously going to win. To be honest though, I can't stand either of these two people.
I'm not a fan of Jay's ego, but I like Holli. She hasn't been too over-the-top during her "pantry" confessionals. I'm cool with the final two, I just wish Ramsay had gotten rid of Ben first to make a point to him. He quit when Autumn didn't.

Autumn was the only one who wasn't talking about herself like she was so much better than anyone else. That's probably why the editors padded her with the endless talking to balance out the field. I felt better about her in the end than I did in the beginning.
Old 08-04-10, 04:44 PM

I think it's funny how they always show the chef who's hurt/has problems walking up to Gordon's "office" ... yes, we really believe that while the chefs prep, he's up there with mounds of HK paperwork.
Old 08-04-10, 05:00 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you imagine Hollie being made Head chef at the Savoy ? she would get laughed out of the city !

Even Jay isn't anywhere near good enough
Old 08-04-10, 05:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have to say that even though Holli isn't as qualified, I'd prefer her to win over Jay. The dude's been a prick to people the entire time. I can't believe how douchey he was to Autumn, in particular his snide remark last night.

Bring on the new season, IMO.
Old 08-04-10, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Can you imagine Hollie being made Head chef at the Savoy ? she would get laughed out of the city !

Even Jay isn't anywhere near good enough
They're not Head Chef's though. In essence they're going to be a line cook.

I was out at the Red Rock Resort a few years ago and I think Heather's (season 2) title was "Senior Chef"
Old 08-04-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by silentbob007
I think it's funny how they always show the chef who's hurt/has problems walking up to Gordon's "office" ... yes, we really believe that while the chefs prep, he's up there with mounds of HK paperwork.
I bet it takes at least as much paperwork to run a TV restaurant as it does a candy factory.

For that matter, it would have been awesome if when Ben told Ramsay he wanted to quit Ramsay had said:

It’s all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You burned the scallops, you under seasoned the risotto, you urinated in the hot tub which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

I said good day!!!
Old 08-05-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^

Glad to see Ben go. That guy was a major douchenozzle. This is Jay's to lose, and I don't see how he could. But I still think this season has produced some of the least likeable contestants of any in recent memory. I can't wait to see the returning cast screw over Holli and Jay.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.