Old 08-03-10, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,697 Likes on 2,657 Posts
Warehouse 13/Eureka Crossover -- "13.1" -- 08/03/10

Warehouse 13

Eureka 2

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Douglas Fargo leaves Eureka for a trip to Warehouse 13 to update the facility's computer system, which doesn't go as planned. Rene Auberjonois ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine") guest stars.

Episode 5 of 13

Tonight's episode is a crossover with the Friday SyFy show "Eureka" One of the characters from Eureka will be in this episode. This might be a little confusing for those of you who don't watch Eureka.

Friday's Eureka episode will feature one of the characters from Warehouse 13.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-03-10 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-03-10, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Warehouse 13/Eureka Crossover -- "13.1" -- 08/03/10

I've never seen an episode of Warehouse 13 so I'm sure I'll be lost while watching this.
Old 08-03-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Friday's Eureka episode will feature one of the characters from Warehouse 13.
Is it a "secret"? I thought it was pretty blatantly promoted on SyFy commercials. In any case, I am glad this is happening. Both shows are fun in their own way, and it should be cool to see some kind of "artifact" running amok in Eureka.
Old 08-03-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I've never seen an episode of Warehouse 13 so I'm sure I'll be lost while watching this.
Short summary:

Pete and Myka: U.S. Secret Service agents working for Warehouse 13, a secret government warehouse, to recover historical artifacts that have mysterious powers.

Artie: The older gentlemen with the glasses. Runs Warehouse 13

Claudia: The red head. Artie's assistant and very technologically savy.

Leena: The curly haired black girl. Owns the bed and breakfast where Pete and Myka stay at. Also helps out at Warehouse 13.
Old 08-03-10, 12:12 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I've never seen an episode of Eureka so I'm sure I'll be lost while watching this.
fixed.
Old 08-03-10, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Leena: The curly haired black girl. Owns the bed and breakfast where Pete and Myka stay at. Also helps out at Warehouse 13.
I think she actually runs the B&B for the "company" that oversees Warehouse 13. Also you forgot to mention Mrs. Frederic who is essentially everyone's boss.
Old 08-03-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Is it a "secret"? I thought it was pretty blatantly promoted on SyFy commercials. In any case, I am glad this is happening. Both shows are fun in their own way, and it should be cool to see some kind of "artifact" running amok in Eureka.
It's also cool to think of Eureka and Warehouse 13 taking place in the same fictional universe. It opens up some interesting story opportunities for both shows.
Old 08-04-10, 05:14 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

ugh, this episode was a hot mess..... although Pete had a few good one-liners. Cross-over episodes ALWAYS suck.
Old 08-04-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Claudia's voice makes her hotter.

D
Old 08-04-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not digging this show at all. It is tolerable, mostly due to Artie & Claudia. But the cutesy banter between the leads make me want to puke. Example is the Rock, Paper Scissors. He always picks rock!?!?! Please. That is just childish writing. He isn't the village idiot.

It tries too hard to be kiddie funny and that distracts from what little tension they try to create. Eureka, pulls off the dramatic tension better and that leaves some space for humor. I also think the split stories (Pete & Myka / Artie & Claudia) thin the show out a bit.
Old 08-05-10, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk God

This crossover episode didn't really work. It was all over the place. There was really no point to bring Fargo to this episode. It was so forced just to make this a "crossover." Really? Mrs. Frederick calls Fargo in Eureka, Oregon to get the Warehouse a computer upgrade? The attempt to give Claudia a personal life with a possible boyfriend fell flat and I thought the writer of this episode really forced her hooking up with Fargo just because they are both tech geeks.

So the old school computer takes over the Warehouse and it decides to play a game of Battleship with Artie?

As far as the complaint above ^ about Pete and Myka. I think their relationship is pretty much a take it or leave it thing. It's obvious that Joanne Kelly and Eddie McClintock have no sexual chemistry or tension between them, but I think what makes their relationship work is a brother-sister type bond they have and sometimes it ends up being a tad childish. Personally, I like seeing what goofy incidents they get themselves into each week. Plus, Joanne Kelly is so fricking hot. The show is a quirky fantasy.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-05-10 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-05-10, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the premise might have been better if Fargo hadn't made the comment about thinking Warehouse 13 didn't really exist before. That, and not having Artie suddenly remember several pertinent details (such as the computer lab) exactly after their relevance becomes obvious. The relationship between Eureka and W13 should have been presented as a long-established one, where Eureka develops many of the technologies used to control artifacts.

But as far as Claudia's relationship, I thought it was handled well enough. And I felt sorry for her when she was dumped.

Oh, and DJariya is spot on about Pete and Myka's relationship. They are not ever going to "hook up" the way so many other male/female leads do, and I think it's a good thing. They are like siblings who care about each other, but still get really annoyed with each other at times. And yes, in some ways Pete is just a few notches over the village idiot when it comes to issues of dealing with other people (which the rock/paper/scissors bit was meant to imply). He's a boy who hasn't really grown up in many respects.

Last edited by RoboDad; 08-05-10 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-05-10, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

To me, the Warehouse 13 team is a surrogate family. They can not really tell their own families what they do and even the closest town thinks they are IRS agents.

Pete, Myka, and Claudia have a sibling relationship with Myka being the cool headed sister, Claudia acting as the nerdy sister, and Pete as the protective yet dense-headed brother.

Artie is more of a father figure and in essence an uncle to this surrogate family.
Old 08-05-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wanted to like this episode, but it didnt feel like it had any of the stuff that usually makes W13 fun. No fun banter, no real action, no coherent story line just a bunch of scenes strung together.

Only redeeming factor for me was Joanne Kelly's boobies looked bigger than they normally do when they are confined in the tight button down shirt.