DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series- 11/23/2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series- 11/23/2010

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...nnounced/14148

Never picked up any of the individual releases and was just thinking of buying the series but now I think I will wait. Wish I had gotten the complete series release of Batman: The Animated Series as well.
Old 07-27-10, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Batman Beyond: The Complete Series- 11/23/2010

WB will probably re-release the Batman set again during the Christmas season. What still annoys me if the big fuck you WB gives to the customers that previously bought the individual sets. Why can't they offer the extra book and extra disc to people who purchased the individual sets?

Last edited by dx23; 07-27-10 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-27-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a huge package for only 9 discs.
Old 07-27-10, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
What still annoys me if the bug fuck you WB gives to the customers that previously bought the individual sets. Why can't they offer the extra book and extra disc to people who purchased the individual sets?
This.
Old 07-27-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
That's a huge package for only 9 discs.
It's meant to appear as a companion piece to the Batman: The Animated Series box set. Which I find particularly surprising since it was my understanding that Justice League was more successful than Batman Beyond and yet its complete series release wasn't anything half this impressive. Still, count me among those who never got around to buying the individual seasons and might just pull the trigger on this. Plus, it comes out just before my birthday so I can avoid the usual dilemma of trying to justify such a purchase!
Old 07-27-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
WB will probably re-release the Batman set again during the Christmas season. What still annoys me if the bug fuck you WB gives to the customers that previously bought the individual sets. Why can't they offer the extra book and extra disc to people who purchased the individual sets?
I agree. I felt the same way with Sony and Seinfeld . I believe the only time I've ever seen this done was with WB and Friends. I think you could order the complete series box only somehow. I never got into that show so I don't really know the details. I wish more studios would do this though.

Another thing, its not mentioned in the announcement but it would be nice if they would include the Return of the Joker movie as well. I doubt it though since I don't believe The Animated Series set contained any of the three movies.

Last edited by Mike86; 07-27-10 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-27-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always figured they were going to do a complete series box set so I never bothered to pick up all the seperate season. While I'm psyched they are doing this, I can't stand that packaging, takes up way too much shelf-space.
Old 07-27-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

You could probably defray the cost by selling off your individual seasons, if you really want the extra stuff (and the packaging). I agree that it can be annoying; I have no idea where my Mel Brooks Blu-ray set is because it didn't fit with the other stuff.
Old 07-27-10, 04:17 PM
Banned

This was alright, but I'd really like a complete series of Static Shock, which crossed over with the Batman cartoons.
Old 07-27-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news. I'm really excited about this, especially because it will match the Batman Complete Series Set. Too bad they didn't put this much effort into Justice League or Superman though. Definitely will be a day-one purchase for me; been waiting to pull the trigger on this series and this is exactly the reason I was waiting.

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
This was alright, but I'd really like a complete series of Static Shock, which crossed over with the Batman cartoons.
We definitely need the complete series of Static Shock to be released. And I'd like the rest of Zeta Project as well.
Old 07-27-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Never got into this series as much, but I really regret not picking up the Batman TAS complete set back in the day...
Old 07-27-10, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

are all 9 disks held in that cd jewel-sized case? i love the horizontal case being a companion to btas, but sheesh what a waste of space. at least throw in something else to fill up the box
Old 07-27-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll probably have to check this one out. I REALLY regret not getting the Batman: TAS CS set.
Old 10-18-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any sort of specs released on this yet? I assume 'Return of the Joker' won't be on there.
Old 10-18-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
are all 9 disks held in that cd jewel-sized case? i love the horizontal case being a companion to btas, but sheesh what a waste of space. at least throw in something else to fill up the box
If you look that's the same clear 8/9-DVD packaging used on the B:TAS and S:TAS sets as well. I think it was used in the JLA set too but I haven't picked that one up yet.

It looks odd because it's placed vertically but it's definitely the same case you have if you have the other complete sets. I don't know how it will be oriented in the larger packaging though.
Old 12-29-10, 04:48 AM
Banned

I know that this is bumping an old thread, but are the discs in the Batman Beyond set the same single sided discs that are in the individual releases ? The picture looks like they're double sided. I don't like double sided. That's why, though it pains me, I won't get the Superman complete set.
Old 12-29-10, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that this is bumping an old thread, but are the discs in the Batman Beyond set the same single sided discs that are in the individual releases ? The picture looks like they're double sided. I don't like double sided. That's why, though it pains me, I won't get the Superman complete set.
The old sets are a total of 8 discs and this has 9 with the new bonus disc so they won't be using double discs.
Old 12-29-10, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have the set and they definitely aren't double-sided discs. I didn't actually own the individual releases of any of these shows but I own all 4 of the complete series box sets of the big 4 DCAU shows and knowing the configurations (only Superman used double-sided discs) I know that they all use the same existing discs. There isn't even unique disc art, they're the exact same discs that come in the individual releases.

Also what I said above about the case is correct. It's the same clear multi-disc case used on the Batman, Superman and Justice League sets. The Superman and Batman Beyond sets use one case only and the Batman and JL sets use two of these cases.
Old 12-31-10, 10:01 PM
Banned

So the individual Batman sets aren't double sided ? Wonder why they went with double sided for the Superman when none of the other shows are that way.
Old 01-03-11, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So the individual Batman sets aren't double sided ? Wonder why they went with double sided for the Superman when none of the other shows are that way.
No, and even in the complete set they're labeled as discs 1-4 of volumes 1-4, and the earlier volumes have other telltale signs of being old designs such as the old "bullet" DC logo.

I can only assume that the "Superman" discs were double-sided as a cost-cutting measure in anticipation for lower sales. As great as the show was it really isn't much of a stretchto assume that it isn't going to sell as well as the other "big 4" DCAU shows as they all feature Batman heavily.

This line of reasoning has also extended to the pricing and configurations of the other complete sets. All 4 of the same inner packaging and bonus disc but when it comes to the outer packaging the complete "Superman" set pales in comparison to the "Batman" and "Batman Beyond" sets, and even the though the "Justice League" set doesn't have the "luxury" presentation of the two "Batman" sets it has a nice sturdy metal case as opposed to the run-of-the-mill cardboard slip on the "Superman" set.