Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
The Good Guys -- "Silvio's Way" -- 07/26/10

The Good Guys

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Dan goes undercover in a bid to nab mobsters who slipped through his fingers years ago, and inadvertently inspires two new outfits of criminals who are far more dangerous.

Episode 8 of 20

Next week (August 2nd) is the Summer Finale. The show will then return Friday September 24th.
Old 07-26-10, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: The Good Guys -- "Silvio's Way" -- 07/26/10

Have 2 episodes on the DVR and not sure if I'll ever watch them. The show had some much premise....but it's just not very good.
Old 07-26-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Have 2 episodes on the DVR and not sure if I'll ever watch them. The show had some much premise....but it's just not very good.
I don't agree with you there. I think since week 2 or 3 the show has found it's groove. Whitford and Hanks are hilarious as partners. I think it's really wacky and offbeat humor may be a turnoff to some and that's why it's struggling to find an audience.
Old 07-26-10, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the pilot was really mediocre, but then after the following 2-3 episodes I started enjoying the show. Nothing spectacular and I won't throw a fit if it gets cancelled, but it's entertaining enough.
Old 07-26-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The scene with Hanks tied to the chair and he's flailing his arms realizing that he can't reach the ropes had me rolling.
Old 07-27-10, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
but it's just not very good.
...says the guy with Bob Saget in his Avatar.
Old 07-27-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This show is fucking hilarious. Dan's goodfella act was a riot. at him covering up his crotch when the rednecks drew out their guns. There was so much good stuff that I wish this was on cable, so I could see it again in repeats. You can tell Bradley Whitford is having a great time with such an over-the-top character.

I hope the show finds an audience in the Fall, though I doubt it will.
Old 07-27-10, 03:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
This show is fucking hilarious. Dan's goodfella act was a riot. at him covering up his crotch when the rednecks drew out their guns. There was so much good stuff that I wish this was on cable, so I could see it again in repeats. You can tell Bradley Whitford is having a great time with such an over-the-top character.

I hope the show finds an audience in the Fall, though I doubt it will.
This show would be a huge hit on USA, paired up with Psych.

Honestly, I just shake my head in amazement at how this show hasn't been able to find ratings. And the only thing I can think of is that a pure guy show just can't make it these days. Though debuting in the summer doesn't help either.

Hopefully the team of Human Target and The Good Guys will give FOX a fighting chance on fridays. But if for some reason FOX can't make it work, I hope USA scoops it up.
Old 07-31-10, 03:36 PM

Yes, Whitford is great in that he keeps getting bigger and more over-the-top with the character. I liked how he let the "gang of mobsters" go this episode and the father of the meth addict go a few episodes ago.

I like the chemistry betweem him and Hanks' character and between Hanks and the ADA, not to mention the Ally-McBeal-short skirts that she wears.
Old 08-01-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I think this is a great show. I think Hanks is oming into his own. One can really see shades of his fathers earlier works in certain scenes. Whitford is an absolute riot. Such a great character. Jenny Wade is hot as always. Though There is something weird going on with her voice. Sounds different than it did on Reaper. Maybe a Texan accent? The only negative I have seen so far, is that they seem to have aired some episodes out of order. Caused me to do a "Huh?" earlier in the season.
Old 08-01-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really like this show too. It's light and fun with very likeable leads. It feels like a USA show to me as well. I hope it finds a bigger audience in the fall but Friday night is a tough spot. However, paired with Human Target, another show that is light/fun and coasts on the charisma of the cast, maybe something will click and these shows will stick around for a while. I sure hope so.