Eureka -- "A New World" -- 07/16/10

Old 07-16-10, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Eureka -- "A New World" -- 07/16/10

Eureka

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
A runaway project named "Tiny" causes a panic in town during the Founder's Day celebration while Carter, Henry, Lupo, Fargo and Allison adjust to the new time line, and a robotic law enforcer is back on the job.

Episode 2 of 20

Preview:

<object width="400" height="400" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1238153"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><embed src="http://widget.syfy.com/singleclip/singleclip_v1.swf?CXNID=1000004.10035NXC&WID=48e10f5e9dbb50aa&clipID=1238153" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="400" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Looking forward to it. The 1st episode was so fun.
Old 07-17-10, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Eureka -- "A New World" -- 07/16/10

Interesting path they're taking the show in, removing the easy solution to everything. So now we get more stories in the alternate universe, though it looks like they won't diverge too far from what the show has been doing.

It's pretty cool how they can weave in stuff like the robocop and the drones from previous episodes and show them in a different light.
Old 07-17-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a cool little show. I watched the first two episodes and was instantly sucked in. Are the other seasons this good?
Old 07-18-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Finally caught this today and I absolutely love the direction season 4 is taking. Even though the group has essentially given up on trying to go back and fix history, I have to believe that they will gradually touch on it week to week and a solution to the problem is coming. I like how the Fargo of this Eureka universe is actually a dick and it surprised Tess when he apologized.

I didn't watch season 3, so I have a question about Jack and Tess. Were they having problems which led her taking that job in Australia and the break-up? I heard him say that he spent over a year realizing that they didn't work as a couple. BTW, Jaime Ray Newman is such a beautiful actress. She has a striking resemblence to a younger Kelly Preston. She could probably play a younger sister.
Old 07-18-10, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
What a cool little show. I watched the first two episodes and was instantly sucked in. Are the other seasons this good?
I saw a few episodes from season 1, but did not watch seasons 2 and 3. From the few that I did see, it's definitely this good. I was a little hesitant to jump into season 4, but surprisingly the plot and characters have been really easy to pick up on.
Old 07-19-10, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya
I didn't watch season 3, so I have a question about Jack and Tess. Were they having problems which led her taking that job in Australia and the break-up? I heard him say that he spent over a year realizing that they didn't work as a couple. BTW, Jaime Ray Newman is such a beautiful actress. She has a striking resemblence to a younger Kelly Preston. She could probably play a younger sister.
No problems that I can remember. I believe Tess left since she was filling in for Allison on maternity leave and then got the Australia job offer. She even invites Carter to come with her and leaves him a plane ticket.

I like seeing Tess and Jack back together. I think they make a good couple, although I get the feeling it's not a permanent thing.
Old 07-19-10, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
The quality of Eureka has been there from the beginning. Basically the show is what it is. It's never soared to any great heights of SciFi, but it's never really boring or poorly written either. It's a great breezy hour of quirky TV.

I'd say its worth it to check out the previous seasons, especially if they decide to pull out other characters from the past.
Old 07-19-10, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really liked this episode, but I like nearly all Eureka episodes. It an easy show to like.

There is still a lot going on with the Allison / Carter relationship. Mostly unspoken, it hints at something deeper. Remember that Carter lived for awhile in the future married to Allison with a child. When he came back to the current time he had to prevent that future from happening. Although Henry erased the future memories, he still retains some hints of what could happen. There is a bond between Carter & Allison that the writers have written into many episodes. Tess is the other woman.

Last edited by Ayre; 07-19-10 at 01:27 PM.