Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk > DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts
Reload this Page >

thinking of doing a contest with a free dvd or blu-ray or your choosing is given away

Community
Search
DVD Talk Covers, Cases & Inserts Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS

thinking of doing a contest with a free dvd or blu-ray or your choosing is given away

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-10, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I am interested in doing a custom cover competition where the winner gets to choose any dvd or blu-ray they want from amazon.com that is valued at $25 if they win.

The contest would be to create the best "fake" criterion cover and if I get enough people interested in it I would be willing to do it. So are there any people her that would be interested?

You would need to be able to supply me with a full size printable copy of the cover so I could evaluate them in detail and it will have to be a complate cover, no fronts only they have to be the whole cover.

I would be choosing the movie for each participant and nobody will get the same film. If your interested post in here and maybe I can get this thing a going
Old 07-16-10, 08:18 PM

Re: thinking of doing a contest with a free dvd or blu-ray or your choosing is given

Would it be more appealing if I offered a $50 visa gift card to the winner?
Old 07-17-10, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: thinking of doing a contest with a free dvd or blu-ray or your choosing is given

just curious for what purposes you are thinking about doing this? as long as they are not evil, i might try

btw, i know there are some sites that have "fake" cc covers already.
Old 07-17-10, 03:01 AM

No real reason. I just really like custom covers and I am sure some people could come up with some cool artwork for films. I have extra cash and wanted to see what some of the graphic artist here could come up with. i will put you down as contestant #1 if you like hindolio. i would like to get maybe 10 people per contest and if there is enough interest I would run it every month with a different theme or something.

I have seen some of those other CC covers and they are pretty cool, it's kinda where I got the idea. I will probally just print the covers and keep them in a little notebook thing.

i am not gonna ask for anyone to re-create an existing cover for bootlegging purposes or anything, these will all be for films either A. never released by CC or B. Stuff released by CC on DVD or LD but NOT BR. To give you an example, one of the choices I could choose for you to do could be Howard The Duck and you would have to make a CC cover for that film.
Old 07-17-10, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ hey ive never actually watched howard the duck in its entirety. since ive been meaning to pick it up and since it will qualify for the sc-fi/fantasy challenge, ill try to do so in the next week
Old 07-17-10, 11:28 PM

Well that's cool. i just picked that one out of like 30 I had in mind.
Old 07-22-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm interested.
Old 07-22-10, 02:37 PM

Ok Kory, I have 2 people so far here I am hoping for at least 10
Old 07-22-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Count me in!

Question: What about file size? You looking for hi-res, or just a decent-sized .jpg?
Old 07-22-10, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really blow at this sort of thing.. any my photoshop skills have gone by the wayside.. but this sounds fun. I would like to give this a whirl.
Old 07-22-10, 06:15 PM

Ok 4 people so far and they will have to be hi-res because I will print them and put them in DVD cases to judge how they look on a shelf and everything.

I will be judging these on a few things, orginality will be a huge thing and they can be either in the new style criterion or old style. Either one is fine. I don't care if poster art is used as long as it looks good.

This is the one thing that might throw some people off, I will be choosing the movie each person has, so you have to work with whatever I give you. I think it will be more challenging that way, and I have some unique ideas

The prize is officially a $50 visa gift card now.
Old 07-22-10, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Sounds groovy. What's the turnaround going to be?
Old 07-22-10, 07:21 PM

sounds like a cool deal.
Old 07-23-10, 12:23 AM

I will probally give the contest like 2 weeks and then 1 week for judging so as soon as I get 10 people I will start it.
Old 07-23-10, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by JJE-187
I will probally give the contest like 2 weeks and then 1 week for judging so as soon as I get 10 people I will start it.
Perfect...
Old 07-23-10, 12:46 PM

Count me in.
Old 07-23-10, 02:49 PM

Ok Bunny, your in (Nice to see an old dvdcoverart.com guy getting in here )

5 down 5 to go
Old 08-03-10, 03:45 AM

Ok If the 5 people that are willing to do this are still in then I will do this with you 5. The prize will still be $50 visa gift card BUT since I only got 5 people you each will have to create 2 covers (I really want the contest to have 10 covers) so post in here if your still interested and I will get this thing rolling by the weekend
Old 08-03-10, 07:58 AM

Sure. I can give it a whirl.
Old 08-16-10, 02:01 AM

Too late to join in the fun? I could do 1 or 2 covers. Neat idea for a contest.