Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Megamind

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Megamind

<object width="450" height="242"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/22315"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/22315" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="242" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Megamind is the most brilliant supervillain the world has ever known. And the least successful. Over the years, he has tried to conquer Metro City in every imaginable way. Each attempt, a colossal failure thanks to the caped superhero known as 'Metro Man,' an invincible hero until the day Megamind actually kills him in the throes of one of his botched evil plans. Suddenly, Megamind has no purpose. A supervillain without a superhero. He realizes that achieving his life's ambition is the worst thing that ever happened to him. Megamind decides that the only way out of his rut is to create a new hero opponent called 'Titan,' who promises to be bigger, better and stronger than Metro Man ever was. Pretty quickly Titan starts to think it's much more fun to be a villain than a good guy. Except Titan doesn't just want to rule the world, he wants to destroy it. Now, Megamind must decide: can he defeat his own diabolical creation? Can the world's smartest man make the smart decision for once? Can the evil genius become the unlikely hero of his own story?
I gotta say that the finished trailer looks nothing like what was promised. Heck, it doesn't even hint at it. Neither do any of the posters. Did they totally chuck an awesome plotline for something more pedestrian?

I was looking forward to this also because Bruce Campbell was rumoured to be playing the new hero Megamind (Oobermind was his original name) trained.
Old 07-11-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Megamind

Yeah, this pretty much is an alien version of Despicable Me if they ditch the original plot outline.

Last edited by Blu Man; 07-11-10 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-11-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course as far as we know, everything from the trailer takes place in the first 20 minutes of the film.
Old 07-11-10, 10:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The trailers look awful and none of the jokes are funny. Par for the course with Dreamworks.
Old 07-11-10, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
The trailers look awful and none of the jokes are funny. Par for the course with Dreamworks.
Yeah....that's what I thought. Also...way to go for ripping off Superman and just adding a villain to it as well.
Old 07-11-10, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Also...way to go for ripping off Superman and just adding a villain to it as well.
That's the point of the movie. What if Superman had an opposite? It'd be Megamind...
Old 07-11-10, 10:20 PM
Banned

I know..but..it's not even refreshing. I know that it could be a great film but the way it's presented doesn't give me anything unexpected. The idea is funny but the way it's shown looks boring.
Old 07-11-10, 10:21 PM
Banned by request

We've seen Superman's opposite.

Old 07-11-10, 10:25 PM
Banned

I've yet to watch the whole film as a coherent piece. Only scenes here and there.
Old 07-11-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We've seen Superman's opposite.

That movie never happened.
Old 07-11-10, 10:34 PM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I've yet to watch the whole film as a coherent piece. Only scenes here and there.
You're not missing anything.
Old 07-11-10, 10:39 PM
Banned

probably so but I do own it. I got it w/ that Superman Ultimate Collection Tin case....or whatever it's called. ANYWAY I got it cuz of SM 1 and 2 w/ it's features, plus SR (well...for like one scene)
Old 07-12-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey dude - that's exactly the movie I'm working right now.

You haven't seen the movie. Don't be too quick to judge.

-----

Last edited by jeffkjoe; 07-12-10 at 12:30 AM.
Old 07-12-10, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Dreamworks has been doing pretty well in my book with Kung Fu Panda and How to Train Your Dragon. I liked Monsters vs. Aliens too.
Old 07-12-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i seen that trailer like a month ago before Toy Story 3 I think or maybe it was before Shrek? I don't remember but the kids liked it and i probally gotta go see it with them. I liked MvA and LOVED How To Train Your Dragon so I will keep an open mind
Old 07-12-10, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I loved Monsters versus Aliens and really wanna see How To Train Your Dragon but this trailer let me down. I gave the teaser a pass because it's just a teaser. But this trailer really doesn't even hint at the premise that was originally announced. The same is true of the "Ferell versus Pitt" poster. That's why I'm let down.
Old 07-12-10, 01:28 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

-----
I'm always happy to find out a movie is better than it looks, but the current trailers haven't been funny, and outside of a small handful of pictures (HTTYD, Kung Fu Panda, Antz, some of Monsters vs. Aliens), I've not liked Dreamworks' output.
Old 07-12-10, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe

-----
Does it keep to the original plot outline?

Originally Posted by JJE-187
i seen that trailer like a month ago before Toy Story 3 I think or maybe it was before Shrek? I don't remember but the kids liked it and i probally gotta go see it with them. I liked MvA and LOVED How To Train Your Dragon so I will keep an open mind
So you'll see Megamind because you have an open mind but you won't watch Inception because for some odd reason you think it's "Hollywood junk"? Weak dude. Real weak.
Old 07-23-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

At the panel during Comic-Con last night. Will, Tina and "Brad Pitt"
Old 07-24-10, 02:14 AM

Will Ferrel is FAT. he looks like a blue Mr Increible from a live action Incredibles movie
Old 07-24-10, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I'll see it with my son.
Old 11-05-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Going this afternoon. Will post reaction in this thread as there is no place for reviews right now.
Old 11-05-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Saw it. Enjoyable and visually impressive, but nothing exceptional storywise. I saw something interesting in the credits: they listed Guillermo Del Toro as a creative consultant. I seem to recollect reading somewhere about there being not much of the "original intent" retained for this, which makes me wonder if a more serious movie with more involvement from said individual was ever in development.
Old 11-05-10, 10:25 PM

I watched it today with my Wife and Kiddos and I thought it was ok 2.5/5, nowhere near as good as How To Train Your Dragon or Toy Story 3, I would lump it just below The Owls of Ga'Hoole on the list of animated movies i've seen this year which actually puts it at the bottom of the list lol.

It was better than Inception though lol, sorry Blu Man I had to say it and I finally seen Inception and hated it as much as Avatar so I guess i lost my fanboy card
Old 11-06-10, 09:42 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks like an animated remake of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.