Reload this Page >

Childrens Hospital -- Rob Corddry show on Adult Swim

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-08-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw this was starting on 7/11. Looks surrealistically humorous. And Groucho can admire it for its lack of laugh track.

http://www.adultswim.com/presents/ch...l/?cid=cm_digg
Old 07-08-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
re: Childrens Hospital -- Rob Corddry show on Adult Swim

Looks pretty good; just saw the first 30 seconds but I like how it's full of FOD and Party Down actors.
Old 07-08-10, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This show is hilarious. I watched the web series a couple years ago. I tried to find the episodes to post here, but it looks like they were removed. I think what they are doing is airing the original webisodes first (probably 2 each week, since they're only ~5 min) and then follow that up with some new episodes.

Here's the first episode:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hs5QbUjmtt8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hs5QbUjmtt8&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

If you guys like this (or The State) you should really check out Wainy Days.

update: Found some verification on how the series will air. From David Wain (writer, director, one of the funniest people alive) "The first five episodes comprise the material that was originally made for the web. Then the brand new “2nd Season” of episodes made especially for TV (fancier!) starts right after that."

So the new episodes should start August 15.

Last edited by dino88; 07-08-10 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-11-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was not impressed by this first one (or two) episodes.
Old 07-15-10, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Great stuff with a surprisingly super stacked cast. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the new material in August.
Old 12-02-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Saw this for the first time over Thanksgiving (along with some Mighty Boosh), what a ridiculous ass show. I can't tell if I love it, or just think it's retarded -- but it's certainly sticking with me.

Saw the episode where Ruxin from The League
Spoiler:
has advanced aging disorder - and is basically 6, senile and possibly retarded. Gets Lake Bell preggers, and they both end up dead. Then Malin Akerman shows up.

I do, however, celebrate its randomness, clevage, and pointless lesbianism.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc-03Qgg8BE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uc-03Qgg8BE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-02-10, 04:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

what a ridiculous ass show.
It is, and it makes me laugh. Each episode is sually only about 12 minutes to, which I like.
Old 04-29-11, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Season 3 premieres June 2, a week after the release of the S.1&2 dvd.
Old 04-29-11, 06:43 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

this show is nowhere near as funny as it should be
Old 06-09-11, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No it isn't, but I am still enjoying it for what it is... and for some reason the scene where Jon Hamm showed up, stood up, threw on a wig and turned into Malin Akerman made me laugh out loud. That followed by Cuddy's cameo in bed with Ken Marino. Dunno why I found it funny but dammit I did.
Old 06-13-11, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i watched both the first season and the recent couple episodes so i'm all caught up now and think this show is brilliant. the whole cast is awesome.
Old 06-13-11, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't know there was a thread. Started watching it last year with season 2. Amazing stuff. Always loved The State so Wain and Marino attracted me but Huebel and Corddry sealed it. I always love it when Nick Offerman shows up
Old 06-14-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So season two just started? I have seen bits of this at the end of shows like Family Guy. What time are new airings? They they repeat all the episodes a lot?
Old 06-14-11, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Season 1 was made up of Webisodes
Season 2 was made up of 11 minute episodes that aired on Adult Swim
Season 3 just started on AS.

Repeats aren't uncommon.
Old 06-21-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just caught up on the first two seasons and am about to start into the third. It really gets better in the second season, probably due to an increased budget.

Absolutely hilarious show. I can't recommend it highly enough for people who like any of the comedians involved -- or just for people sick of medical dramas.
Old 06-21-11, 02:41 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

The last episode was pretty weak, the first miss imo. Still funny, but every other episode made me literally LOL.
Old 06-21-11, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
The last episode was pretty weak, the first miss imo. Still funny, but every other episode made me literally LOL.
I had to look because I thought the last one was "Ward 8" and I was about to call you insane. But it was "The Black Doctor" which I forgot about Yeah, it wasn't very good, but still worth the 11 minutes.
Old 06-21-11, 02:53 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by pinata242
I had to look because I thought the last one was "Ward 8" and I was about to call you insane. But it was "The Black Doctor" which I forgot about Yeah, it wasn't very good, but still worth the 11 minutes.
Yep, I couldn't even remember what it was about until your post. And I watched it immediately after watching the great Ward 8, so the weakness stood out.
Old 06-21-11, 06:18 PM

What the hell?! When did Season 3 start?! I have this set to record on my DVR, and nothing has recorded!
Old 06-22-11, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just started this last night after seeing this thread yesterday. Blew through season 1 and the first couple episodes of season 2. Liked S1, but LOVE what I've seen of S2 so far! Hilarious.

I've seen Michael Cera in the credits of every episode, but I swear I've never seen him on the show. Am I missing something?
Old 06-22-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mkdevo
Just started this last night after seeing this thread yesterday. Blew through season 1 and the first couple episodes of season 2. Liked S1, but LOVE what I've seen of S2 so far! Hilarious.

I've seen Michael Cera in the credits of every episode, but I swear I've never seen him on the show. Am I missing something?
You hear him on the PA from time to time, his credit is voice only.
Old 08-25-11, 08:26 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts
Party Down Reunion on Childrens Hospital TONIGHT

Didn't see this posted anywhere... Never watched Childrens Hospital, but I'll check this out.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/25/pa...al-ken-marino/

Party time! The cast of Party Down makes a special appearance on tonight’s Childrens Hospital (Adult Swim, 12 a.m. ET). Lizzy Caplan, Martin Starr, and Ryan Hansen — along with Ken Marino and Megan Mullally, who already star in Hospital, show up to cater Dr. Glenn Richie’s (Marino) later-in-life Bar Mitzvah.

“I couldn’t believe all the Party Down actors showed up!” Marino marvels to EW over the phone. “I love the guy who plays Ron. He came in. He was kind of a d—, actually, in real life.”

Getting the gang together was awesome, but bittersweet, Marino says. Starz canceled the underrated and woefully under-viewed Party Down after two hilarious seasons. “We had so much fun doing that little scene,” Marino says of tongiht’s Hospital cameo. “And then we were like, goddammit, why is this show not happening anymore?” Another huge disappointment: Marino’s hair. “We had to try to fake my Ron Donald haircut because I had my Glenn Richie haircut,” he says. “It was too long and looked a little ridiculous.”

As for a possible Party Down movie — which Marino called “a go” during the Childrens Hospital panel at July’s Comic-Con — things are looking good. “They’re moving in the right direction,” Marino says. “Nothing’s ‘a go.’ I don’t even know what ‘a go’ is. But I will say this: It looks positive, and it it happens, I’d be thrilled. I know everybody in the cast would too.”

In the meantime, wouldn’t it be great if Ron Donald just opened that Soup R’ Crackers he’s always dreamed of… adjacent to or even inside Childrens Hospital? “You’re blowing my mind,” Marino says. “I’ll pitch it.”
Old 08-25-11, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Party Down Reunion on Childrens Hospital TONIGHT

Can't wait to get home and watch it. Childrens Hospital is stupid hilarious fun. Lizzy has been onthe show before as has Adam Scott though not in the same episode.
Old 08-25-11, 10:43 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Recording! Watched the first two Seasons on DVD but missed all of the Third.
Old 08-26-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts

Never heard of Children's Hospital but I will look it up just for this episode. I miss Party Down. Great show that should have gotten more recognition though I would have likely never seen it if it hadn't have been available streaming on Netflix.

Can you watch current episodes of this on the CN website like you can on other networks?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.