Persons Unknown -- "Incoming" -- 07/05/10

Old 07-05-10, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Persons Unknown -- "Incoming" -- 07/05/10

Persons Unknown

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After discovering that Tori (Kate Lang Johnson) is missing, the group's search for her turns up a mysterious newcomer (Kandyse McClure) with the name Erika tattooed on her arm. Erika reacts violently to her new surroundings and physically attacks Joe (Jason Wiles), Janet (Daisy Betts), Blackham (Sean OBryan) and Moira (Tina Holmes). Meanwhile, a suspicious Renbe (Gerald Kyd) believes he's found a link between Tori's fate and Janet's disappearance.

Episode 5 of 13

This is the final Monday airing. The show is moving to Saturday's at 8pm starting on the 17th.

For those of you who don't remember Kandyse McClure, here's something to help refresh your memory. She's a Battlestar Galactica alumnus.

http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/n...on3_cast17.jpg

Here's a good read about the show from a Las Vegas newspaper. Alot of what this guy says is very accurate:

http://www.lvrj.com/living/flawed--p...-97758169.html
Old 07-05-10, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Persons Unknown -- "Incoming" -- 07/05/10

Can't say I'm excited.

But I can say that I will watch.
Old 07-05-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
This is the final Monday airing. The show is moving to Saturday's at 8pm starting on the 17th.
Guess TVGuide.com didn't get the complete memo.
They don't have the show listed for Monday, July 12 which is correct.
They list a new episode for Saturday, July 17 at 8:00 pm ET which is correct.
However for Monday, July 19 at 10:00 pm ET, they list a new episode of
Persons Unknown which isn't correct based on the news that all future
episodes will be moved to Saturdays at 8:00 pm ET.

LB...
Old 07-05-10, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So was I the only one that was getting annoyed at how Joe went to the "control room" every five minutes of the episode??
Old 07-06-10, 08:58 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Yeah, bit too obvious.

And sorry, I would have killed the black Chick after she continued to go crazy numerous times.
Old 07-06-10, 10:42 AM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n
So was I the only one that was getting annoyed at how Joe went to the "control room" every five minutes of the episode??
Me too.
Old 07-06-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n
No, the Chinese guy (Tom??) was getting pissed too.
Old 07-06-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This show is pretty flawed, but I still enjoy it. I'm definitely in it until the end and have been since the second episode. At least things are sort of moving forward. Glad Moira noticed the elevator didn't go up when Joe went inside.
Old 07-06-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is turning into boom mic watch for me. The scene where they open the vault and Joe shows up and Hugs Janet, you can see the boom mike for a second right in the center top of the screen.

Last edited by dgmayor; 07-07-10 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-06-10, 09:33 PM

This show is laughably, hysterically bad. It's like a train wreck though, you watch to see how bad it will turn out. Easily the worst writing I've ever seen on a network series... ever.
Old 07-06-10, 10:46 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

I may be done with this. Will likely forget about it come the 17th (or at least try to).
Old 07-07-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Man did they ever over do the control room.

So it looks like you can get to the control room through the freezer in the restaurant, or via the elevator and you can get there in 1 minute from any point in the town.

Oh.. and can someone please tell me again which character has a daughter who she wants to get out to see? I keep forgetting.

I would have let that crazy chick run around town like a mad woman - and got shocked / burned.. and then when she calmed down I would talk to her.. but again her character was over the top.

I'll still watch - just to see where this is going.
Old 07-07-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This show would be perfect if they sped it up to 2x speed and had the Benny Hill theme running as background music.
Old 07-07-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh Crap !!!! I forgot not to watch this show.

I thought it was better than the preceding episode(s). Still mildly hooked and still disappointed.
Old 07-07-10, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
Oh Crap !!!! I forgot not to watch this show.

I thought it was better than the preceding episode(s). Still mildly hooked and still disappointed.
Well, next week, remember not to watch on Saturday instead of Monday.
Old 07-07-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The writing on this show started off bad and has only gotten worse. Yet, I cannot look away...
Old 07-07-10, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I am not paying close enough attention and missed something, but there were two things that confused me.

When the wild girl woke up, she freaked out, ran out of the hotel toward the pain fence. After the commercial, Janet called her Erika. When did Erika give her her name? I did not remember them exchanging pleasantries when she woke up and freaked out.

How on earth did the reporter guy start to suspect that the girl in Italy had anything to do with Janet's disappearance? That seemed like a major stretch/leap in logic.

Again, I may have missed something obvious as this show does not completely engage me.
Old 07-07-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The name Erika was tattooed on the girl's arm, so they assumed that was her name. Even if they were wrong, they didn't really have anything else to call her at the time so they went with what they had.

I meant to post this before, but I forgot. Did anyone else find it odd that someone would wake up, see they were in a hotel room, then jump out of the window? As soon as she did that I had a big "WTF" moment because for all she knew she could've been at the top of a 20-floor hotel.

As far as the reporter, I think he just saw that they both went missing at the same time. I don't think there was any explanation other than that. I did like, however, that they explained why the mom didn't recognize the reporter (he just got Janet pregnant and split).
Old 07-08-10, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen

I meant to post this before, but I forgot. Did anyone else find it odd that someone would wake up, see they were in a hotel room, then jump out of the window? As soon as she did that I had a big "WTF" moment because for all she knew she could've been at the top of a 20-floor hotel.
Remember - she thought she was "dead" - she was put to death in Texas.. She says that she thought she was in Hell.

So I guess at that point you have nothing to lose.
Old 07-08-10, 12:00 PM

Did anyone else catch a line that the female reporter said at the end of the show... something like:

without that lead "you don't have dick" ! I have never heard the dick word said on broadcast TV before.
Old 07-08-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Did anyone else catch a line that the female reporter said at the end of the show... something like:

without that lead "you don't have dick" ! I have never heard the dick word said on broadcast TV before.
It's been used before, especially on the CW show Supernatural.
Old 07-09-10, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Finally watched this tonight. I thought it was a little better than last week.

Good God, I barely recognized Kandyse McClure (Dee from Battlestar Galactica) on this. I thought her wild outbursts was a little over the top. IMO, I didn't think it was necessary for the writers to introduce a new kidnap victim after eliminating one. Plus, I thought it was really strange how they transitioned to Rome with Tori's body dead in that fountain.

Yes, it was really annoying when Joe kept going back and forth into the control room to argue with Tom. He's a plant by kidnappers and was so risking blowing his cover. What I found funny was when Janet and Erika were trapped in the vault, Joe steps away to "get help" and they moments away from losing air and dying and all of the sudden the doors open and Joe conveniently comes back.

So Erika and Janet kind of bond when they were both near death and now she's into her (sexually?) and says she has her back?

So the reporter Mark Renbe is actually Mark Cooper. Okay? I have to say the actor who plays him is fucking awful. IMO, he gives such an unengaging and listless performance. His character is a fucking scumbag for knocking up his pregnant and ditching and now we are supposed to be engaged by his plight to find her? If he didn't care about her than, why does he all of the sudden care now?

I'm still entertained, but honestly I think it's a lot more fun to rip the stupidity of some of the writing on this show.

And please someone or something needs to kill off Bill. That guy is useless. Best part of the episode was when Erika beat the shit out of him and stole his clothes.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-09-10 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-09-10, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya

And please someone or something needs to kill off Bill. That guy is useless. Best part of the episode was when Erika beat the shit out of him and stole his clothes.
I hope there is a payoff with Bill. He just seems so out of place. But with all this bad writing and acting.. I don't know if his character is being written and acted out like that.. or is it just the poor quality of the show.
Old 07-17-10, 03:23 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

A little reminder bump for the move to Saturday and a new episode tonight 7/17.