Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Spectacular Spidey Season 2 be released?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 07-04-10, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm talking about a complete second season set, not the compilation releases that only contain 3 episodes each. Anyone know if/when a complete season 2 will come out?
Old 07-05-10, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Will Spectacular Spidey Season 2 be released?

I second the question.
Old 07-05-10, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt it since the series was canceled and is being replaced by another Ultimate Spider-Man series. Still, it may be released later on, when the new Spidey movie is released.
Old 07-05-10, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
I doubt it since the series was canceled and is being replaced by another Ultimate Spider-Man series. Still, it may be released later on, when the new Spidey movie is released.
Why would the cancellation matter? The second season is complete and finished airing, and all the episodes have been released already on those stupid 3-episodes-per-release compilations. How difficult would it be to release a complete second season, just like they did for the first season? Many potential buyers may be holding out for this, like I am.
Old 07-05-10, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moonraker
Why would the cancellation matter? The second season is complete and finished airing, and all the episodes have been released already on those stupid 3-episodes-per-release compilations. How difficult would it be to release a complete second season, just like they did for the first season? Many potential buyers may be holding out for this, like I am.
You just answered your question. The episodes have been released in the stupid 3 episodes per release. Complete Season 1 was released in July of last year and season 2 would have been announced by now. Both Marvel and Sony are moving on to different things regarding Spider-Man. Marvel regained the rights and are producing the new show with Disney (their new owner) and Sony is moving on with their new Spider-man movie. Season 2 hasn't even been relesed on iTunes.

I'm with you. I hate those 3 episode releases and was waiting for the second season, but things look bleak, especially after how the show was canceled.
Old 07-06-10, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe Canada will release them all together first as they did with the first season.
Old 07-06-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I believe you are thinking of Wolverine and the X-Men. Canada received Spectacular season one on the same day as the USA, as they are distributed by Sony in both places.
Old 07-06-10, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
I believe you are thinking of Wolverine and the X-Men. Canada received Spectacular season one on the same day as the USA, as they are distributed by Sony in both places.
you are right - I was thinking of the Wolverine show.