FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Season Finale: Extras Needed in Dallas July 16 & 17

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-10, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Season Finale: Extras Needed in Dallas July 16 & 17

Spoilerized as this might provide a hint of a plot development

Spoiler:
FNL will be filming it's series finale on July 16 & 17 at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. Since "thousands" of extras will be needed to fill the stadium, the producers have reached out to various local organizations to help them fill the place.

I got an e-mail from a Greyhound Rescue Organization saying that if you registered with them and at least 20 people show up, the organization will receive a donation for each person participating. You have to pre-register and sign a waiver with the production company.

I googled Friday Night Lights Extras Cotton Bowl and found a number of organizations that are participating. Since I do not know any of these organizations myself, I suggest you do a google search, pick an organization and register with them.

Of course, it has crossed my mind that this may be a hoax, but if you are in the Dallas area and interested, check it out.

I have won't be able to participate, but I'd be curious to get a glimpse of the series finale.

Last edited by Doc Moonlight; 07-03-10 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-03-10, 11:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Season Finale: Extras Needed in Dallas July 16 & 17

They are filming the series finale already? If this is happening, I might make a trip out there. I remember going to the filming of Any Given Sunday at the old Cowboys stadium and think this would be pretty exciting...especially since I love the show a ton more than anything Oliver Stone ever did. The chance to see Mrs. Taylor in person!!!
Old 07-16-10, 04:56 PM

Leaving the house to go to the FNL Friday shoot. Anyone else headed out there? Kinda excited!
Old 07-16-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

In Dallas? The title pretty much spoils the obvious (not that it isn't completely predictable ) - that East Dillon will playing the state championship game in the finale.
Old 07-17-10, 02:16 AM

While that spoiler is true...no one who was there tonight can tell you exactly how it will ends. Pretty great job from the production team by shooting lots of different things to throw us off. It's also kinda cool that what we end us seeing on television will resemble almost nothing that we saw tonight...the magic of tv!

Makes me excited about next season.
Old 07-19-10, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was there on Saturday, and we also have no idea how it ends. It was pretty awesome, though. They arranged us on the bleachers, then cleared some space for cast members. Next thing I knew, Connie Britton was two rows in front of me, watching "the game" with the rest of us.
Old 07-19-10, 11:04 PM

Not fair. Of all the people I wanted to see, Connie Britton was #1. Just something about her.

Friday night's filming only had the football players, Buddy, east's principal, and coaching staff. Still cool since I think Kyle Chandler brings something great to the role and at one point was only about ten feet away from me. I also got to briefly talk to Michael B. Jordan (Vince) as he was leaving for the night. Everyone looked like they were having a blast. Very friendly.

How was the heat on Saturday? Friday started to cool down once we were in the shade of the stadium, but we still sweat for seven hours straight. As much as I would have wanted to go back, and as much as I love FNL, there was no way I was going to sit on metal bleachers in 100 degree weather.

Friday also had a crazy turn out. Maybe 8 to 10 thousand. The cast seemed a bit awe struck by it. How many showed up on Sat?
Old 07-20-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by david12
Friday also had a crazy turn out. Maybe 8 to 10 thousand. The cast seemed a bit awe struck by it.
I bet. I hope they realize that people DO watch the show - it may not be LOST numbers, but we are watching!
Old 07-21-10, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David, the heat on Saturday was every bit as bad as you'd imagine. They told us to show up at 4:30, and at 6 p.m. they told everyone to move into the shade because filming wasn't going to start until 8. I'm honestly not sure why they needed us to be there so early. Once the sun started to set it wasn't so bad, but it was a pretty long day. We finished around 2 a.m. They let us keep all of the spirit gear that they distributed, though, and I heard that the people on Friday had to give them back.