DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Drum Studio (Xbox Live Indie) - Use your plastic drum kit

All Seeing Eye Games presents DRUM STUDIO

Jam - Record - Play

A music creation game available now on Xbox LIVE Indie Games

Information: http://www.allseeingeyegames.com/
MUSIC CREATION GAME DRUM STUDIO NOW IN THE HANDS OF PLAYERS EVERYWHERE

Vancouver, BC - (June 27, 2010) – All Seeing Eye Games announces today the release of their first product Drum Studio exclusively on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Drum Studio allows players to play, record, edit, save and playback their own song creations on their Xbox 360 drum kit. It utilizes the full potential of the drum kit to put the power of music creation in the players' hands.

Since its initial announcement, Drum Studio has been covered by dozens of news sites:

"The potential...excites us to no end." - joystiq.com

"This is definately[sic] music to my ears, and it will be to all music lovers too." - xboxlivenation.com

"[I]t might start a new Xbox genre of music…" - xboxer360.com

Game Designer Joel Cappelletto says, "Drum Studio takes music games to a new level with its creation and customization tools. We're very excited to finally share it with the world."

Drum Studio does away with playing along to pre-determined drum lines. Instead, players create their own jams on drums they've customized from a library of over 320 sounds. A simple & elegant recording interface allows players to layer in multiple tracks and hone their songs to perfection before they save the song, kick back, and watch an animated drummer play back their creation.

The past few years have seen the music game genre explode into a cultural phenomenon only to fizzle out in its own stagnation & oversaturation. Drum Studio aims to push the genre forward in meaningful ways with its robust customization & creation tools and re-ignite some of the passion players felt that first time they sat down at a plastic instrument peripheral.

Drum Studio is the inaugural product of All Seeing Eye Games, a Vancouver-based independent game development studio founded in November 2009. It is dedicated to making accessible games that push the boundaries of innovation.

Drum Studio is available now exclusively on the Xbox LIVE Indie Games channel of Xbox LIVE Marketplace for 80 Microsoft Points.

See the trailer and more at http://www.allseeingeyegames.com/.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I403qwM7Y4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I403qwM7Y4w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-28-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Drum Studio (Xbox Live Indie) - Use your plastic drum kit

Awesome, might have to see if my wife is interested (she's the drummer of the family). Mebee someday we'll get a full band song creation thing going, complete with vocals.
Old 06-28-10, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No Avatar integration!?
Old 06-28-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,174 Likes on 4,203 Posts

Personally, I just love this quote : "The potential...excites us to no end." - joystiq.com

What was in the place of those three dots? It could be anything; the possibilities are endless. Perhaps the original quote was "The potential that a girl might see us playing this game, dig the song we just made, think we're real musicians and then have sex with us excites us to no end." - joystiq.com
Old 06-28-10, 05:15 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or maybe it was just a dramatic pause?
Old 06-28-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Very interesting to see how you can hook up several drum kits. Color me curious.
Old 06-28-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The potential to turn four of these into something legendary Rush drummer Neil Peart would play excites us to no end.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/02/li...indies-drum-s/