Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars More / The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'The Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars More / The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)' (Blu-ray)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-10, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Stuart Galbraith IV's Blu-Ray review of The Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars More / The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=43031 and...he doesn't mention that For A Few Dollars More is still missing about 12 seconds of dialogue. It's at about 95 mins when the gang are beating up Eastwood & Cleef. Volante stops laughing then jumps off the wall and says "Stop it. See that they're tied and keep an eye on them." One of the henchmen says "Why let them live?" as they are walking back in and Volonte says "All things at the right time" Henchman "What do you mean?" then we're back inside and back with the Blu-Ray when Volonte says "What's he doing now the Shefiff in El Paso?"

When you've seen it properly as per the TOBIS/Paramount DVD released in Germany it's then a really jarring jump cut on this MGM Blu-Ray as I've just done a back to back.
Old 06-25-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'The Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistful of Dollars / For a Few

Originally Posted by ShawnDuHast
I read Stuart Galbraith IV's Blu-Ray review of The Man with No Name Trilogy (Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars More / The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=43031 and...he doesn't mention that For A Few Dollars More is still missing about 12 seconds of dialogue. It's at about 95 mins when the gang are beating up Eastwood & Cleef. Volante stops laughing then jumps off the wall and says "Stop it. See that they're tied and keep an eye on them." One of the henchmen says "Why let them live?" as they are walking back in and Volonte says "All things at the right time" Henchman "What do you mean?" then we're back inside and back with the Blu-Ray when Volonte says "What's he doing now the Shefiff in El Paso?"

When you've seen it properly as per the TOBIS/Paramount DVD released in Germany it's then a really jarring jump cut on this MGM Blu-Ray as I've just done a back to back.
I don't think that dialogue has ever been in a US release.