Search this Thread

Old 06-20-10, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Leverage -- 2 Hr Season Premiere -- "The Jailhouse Job/Reunion Job" -- 06/20/10

Leverage

Synopsis for episode 1 (The Jailhouse Job):

Spoiler:
In the 3rd season premiere, It's the great escape when Nate battles a corrupt prison warden to save the life of an innocent inmate. Edwin Hodge, brother of series star Aldis Hodge, guest stars. Dean Devlin directed.

Synopsis for episode 2 (The Reunion Job):

Spoiler:
In order to crack an important password, Nate and his team target an unscrupulous software bigwig at a high-school reunion. Jonathan Frakes directed the episode.

15 episode 3rd season

Gina Bellman (Sophie) is back fulltime.

New Night: Sunday's at 9pm this Summer.

2 episodes this week and 2 episodes next week.

Preview for the new season:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5NjZhAZVzU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z5NjZhAZVzU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Can't wait.
Old 06-20-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Leverage -- 2 Hr Season Premiere -- "The Jailhouse Job/Reunion Job" -- 06/20/10

I wonder why they are burning off 4 episodes in 2 days? Seems like a weird move.
Old 06-20-10, 10:16 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Leverage -- 2 Hr Season Premiere -- "The Jailhouse Job/Reunion Job" -- 06/20/10

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I wonder why they are burning off 4 episodes in 2 days? Seems like a weird move.
2 weeks, not days.
Old 06-20-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

It's not unheard of. 24 would always premiere with a 2 night 4 hour premiere.

I think it's possible they want to get more episodes aired before the summer is over. Last year they aired 9 episodes in the summer and 6 in the winter. I recall the ratings for the winter episodes were lower, so I think they want to get the most of the summer (competition free) time. The current schedule has them airing 12 of the 15 this summer.
Old 06-21-10, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk God

That was a reallly fun 2 hours.

I liked episode 1 alot. That was funny seeing Aldis Hodge's brother as the guest star. He has alot of the mannerisms and speaking tone of his brother.

Interesting little arc they have set up, Mystery woman gives Nate and the team a long-term job to take down some major untouchable crime boss. I think I heard her say that if he gets the job done, he will be in the clear. So are we to assume right now that Nate is currently a fugitive?

The whole prison escape sequence was very funny. Loved the toy helicopter. BTW, It's so good to have Sophie back.

As for episode 2, it was fun with alot of funny moments, but the plot didn't really make much sense. All I really understood was Duberman hiring some thugs to beat up that computer guy which prevented some kind of online protest to Iran.

I think the show sometimes goes overboard creating an overly intricate "Job of the week" and I think that's what made episode 2 confusing.

Loved when Elliot was playing around with the old school computer and got a "Syntax Error"

So Nate and the team are going to continue to do their Jobs of the week while working on taking down that Crime boss as their long term goal. I think it's going to be a fun summer. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-21-10 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Cracked up when Hardison stared at the 5 1/4 inch disks.

I still have about 10 of those disks lying around from my old Commodore 64.
Old 06-21-10, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Duberman was running a computer program that allowed the Iranian Government to monitor and trace Internet signals back to the source. The guy that got beat up was trying to find a way to hack the system so that his family in Iran could run a protest or even just speak about anti-Government issues without being tracked and caught.

Think of what the RIAA did but on a National Scale and against protestors.

Duberman wanted to keep providing this software to Iran, hence the attack. The fact that this was supposedly run from a computer from the 80s is far more illogical.

Still, it was a fun couple of hours. I love the show, but its one of those I don't really miss when its off the air. Nice to see it back though.
Old 06-21-10, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheKing
Duberman was running a computer program that allowed the Iranian Government to monitor and trace Internet signals back to the source. The guy that got beat up was trying to find a way to hack the system so that his family in Iran could run a protest or even just speak about anti-Government issues without being tracked and caught.

Think of what the RIAA did but on a National Scale and against protestors.

Duberman wanted to keep providing this software to Iran, hence the attack. The fact that this was supposedly run from a computer from the 80s is far more illogical.

Still, it was a fun couple of hours. I love the show, but its one of those I don't really miss when its off the air. Nice to see it back though.
Okay, thanks that clears things up. Kind of reminds me of what the studios do to track & prosecute folks who download torrents via a tracking company like Bay TSP.

Even if the plots are kind of out there, the cast chemistry and the humor keep the show in check and make it fun to watch.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-21-10 at 04:16 AM.
Old 06-21-10, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun two hours. The first hour was definitely better than the second though.

Yeah, sometimes it is hard to take the show and the jobs seriously, but I love the cast and characters. They're the reason I keep coming back, above all else.

I think that each "Job of the Week" this season is part of the big job. Every job they are going to do is going to be a hit to the big bad mafia guy, hurting him little by little and trying to get his attention.
Old 06-21-10, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was kind of "meh" on both episodes. The prison and reunion settings were both good and the characters worked well in them, although they still weren't hitting on all cylinders, but the plots both sucked. In the first episode, instead of just holding back a pivotal nugget of info, they never let the audience in on the plan at all, to protect the "twist" that Sophie's cover was intended to be blown anyway. So we were left largely clueless while they were running the con. And the second ep was just a goofy excuse for the reunion setting.
Old 06-22-10, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wmansir
I was kind of "meh" on both episodes. The prison and reunion settings were both good and the characters worked well in them, although they still weren't hitting on all cylinders, but the plots both sucked. In the first episode, instead of just holding back a pivotal nugget of info, they never let the audience in on the plan at all, to protect the "twist" that Sophie's cover was intended to be blown anyway. So we were left largely clueless while they were running the con. And the second ep was just a goofy excuse for the reunion setting.
I have to say about episode 1 that they didn't really give any closure to Aldis Hodge's brother's character being set up and sent to prison. The Warden got arrested and they just kind of abruptly ended it and moved on to Nate and the team getting that long-term job.
Old 06-22-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I look at it this way - two episode season premiere and two next week because they probably will NOT show a new episode the following week on the 4th of July.
Old 06-22-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I have to say about episode 1 that they didn't really give any closure to Aldis Hodge's brother's character being set up and sent to prison. The Warden got arrested and they just kind of abruptly ended it and moved on to Nate and the team getting that long-term job.
yeah, but I assumed since all the judges would be investigated, they would look at the sentencings and overturn them.

i only watched the 1st episode so far. liked it, but damn if George Clooney's gf has an annoying accent. it some places, it seemed like they have to dub her voice over because she sounded so bad.