Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Name actresses that were hot in few films, but not hot in most of their films?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone name actresses that were hot in few films, but not hot in most of their films? This topic has nothing to do with aging or plastic surgery, just attractive actresses that choose to be not as hot as they could be in most of their films.

1. Tea Leoni: I first acknowledged her in Bad Boys. She was a hot 29 year old in this flick. And practically right after Bad Boys, she turned into a motherly-type actress. Good looking yes, but not hot. She was playing a hot pregnant lady in Flirting With Disaster as well, but I can't even remember that film. When I think of Tea Leoni, I think of The Family Man and Deep Impact. I hope she gets another sexy Bad Boys-type role. Age doesn't matter. She can still do it.

2. Helen Mirren: This is a slightly different scenario. She had hot roles when she was younger, but during her middle to old age years, she hasn't done any hot roles. In all her recent movies, they make her goofy looking, older looking, or they don't emphasize her beauty. She is the hottest old actress. I am waiting for her to be a James Bond gilf. The only time we ever get to see Helen Mirren hot now is during any of those award shows. I would like to see Shadowboxer but I hear it's a really bad film, but supposedly she plays of age in that movie and sexy as well.

3. Cate Blanchett: Just NOTES ON A SCANDAL for me. She's a great actress, but she's always playing strong, crazy, intelligent, cold, icy characters and doesn't show sexy enough.

4. Jennifer Connelly: In my eyes, she has been wearing a psychological burka in all her post-Oscar films. I bet she feels embarrassed about her very earlier sexy films.

Can anyone think of any other actresses like this?
Old 06-14-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Name actresses that were hot in few films, but not hot in most of their films?

I just saw the scenes with Zoe Saldana and Mila Kunis in 'After Sex'.

Neither one of them belongs in this thread...
Old 06-14-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Name actresses that were hot in few films, but not hot in most of their films?

Hellen mirren in shadowboxer could be considered a sexy role for her
Old 06-14-10, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blanchett looked pretty stunning in Charlotte Gray...Just sayin'.

Old 06-14-10, 10:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm not sure what's going on with Renee Zellweger in Appaloosa. She looks horrible in that film, yet all the men in that movie are pissing their pants over her and remarking about how beautiful she is.

!
Old 06-14-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 06-14-10, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^That's a pretty cool necklace.
Old 06-14-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
^That's a pretty cool necklace.
what necklace
Old 06-14-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
what necklace
Old 06-14-10, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Kathleen Turner. Was hot for three or four years, then not for the next twenty-five.
Old 06-14-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by toddly6666
Helen Mirren: This is a slightly different scenario. She had hot roles when she was younger, but during her middle to old age years, she hasn't done any hot roles. In all her recent movies, they make her goofy looking, older looking, or they don't emphasize her beauty. She is the hottest old actress. I am waiting for her to be a James Bond gilf. The only time we ever get to see Helen Mirren hot now is during any of those award shows. I would like to see Shadowboxer but I hear it's a really bad film, but supposedly she plays of age in that movie and sexy as well.
Take a look at this :

She is 44 in that film and still smokin' full frontal & all.
Old 06-15-10, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus I liked her in the opening of quick change, but couldn't find a pick...

Last edited by hasslein; 06-15-10 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 02:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Phoebe Cates

She was smoking hot in Fast Times and Paradise, but in later movies like Gremlins 1 & 2, Drop Dead Fred and Date With An Angel, she was cute but not nearly as sexy.
Old 06-15-10, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by inri222
Take a look at this :

She is 44 in that film and still smokin' full frontal & all.
Yeah, exactly. And then 10 years later, at the age of 54, she starred in The Passion of Ayn Rand, in which she has a vigorous sex scene with Eric Stoltz.

Apparently Mirren insisted on it and choreographed the scene herself, because she wanted to show Ayn Rand was a woman of physical as well as intellectual conviction.

I mean, she's a senior citizen now, so it's pretty unreasonable to expect her to be doing "hot roles," but it's not like she stopped portraying sexuality after the 1970s.
Old 06-15-10, 02:35 AM

Getting back to the original question:

Sigourney Weaver in Galaxy Quest boggled my mind. I could hardly believe it was her

Old 06-15-10, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree with Sigourney Weaver in Galaxy Quest and Cameron Diaz in The Mask. They were only hot in those films.

Here's another one:
Kate Bosworth in BLUE CRUSH.

Last edited by toddly6666; 06-15-10 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-15-10, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by terrible chong
God damn it, it won't click!!

Cameron Diaz is the correct answer for me. Ball-achingly hot in The Mask followed by years of acne. I'm sure she's a lovely girl but "hot" she ain't.
Old 06-15-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts

I have a horrible feeling we're gonna be saying this about Megan Fox in a few years. I hope she proves me wrong.
Old 06-15-10, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by redtornado

Phoebe Cates

She was smoking hot in Fast Times and Paradise, but in later movies like Gremlins 1 & 2, Drop Dead Fred and Date With An Angel, she was cute but not nearly as sexy.
So that's it?!?! I always thought there was other hidden movie where her sexiness would show.....
Old 06-15-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jodie Foster was quite fetching in INSIDE MAN...really nice legs especially.
Old 06-15-10, 01:45 PM

Robert Rodriguez made Fergie look attractive in Planet Terror, and she hasn't ever looked that good before or since.
Old 06-15-10, 03:20 PM

This probably won't be a popular choice, but Jessica Alba was hot in Idle Hands and Never Been Kissed, but since then, I think she lost it.
Old 06-15-10, 03:56 PM

Sarah Jessica Parker looked amazing in Black Stallion, but snce then, meh.
Old 06-15-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,209 Likes on 2,071 Posts

She basically looks the same in all her movies but Gwyneth Paltrow is gorgeous in Iron Man and Iron Man 2. Aside from those two movies I've never found her all that attractive.
Old 06-15-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm going all in with Carrie Fisher Return of the Jedi

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.