Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Switzerland's sci-fi CARGO German dvd/blu-ray now available

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sci-fi flick looks pretty damn good!

German DVD: anamorphic, DTS and DD 5.1 German, and English subtitles
German blu-ray: Region B, 1080p, DTS and DD 5.1 German, and English subtitles

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJY2U1pFPm0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lJY2U1pFPm0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-05-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The trailer seems promising enough; I'm certainly going to check it out.

In addition to the German Blu-ray and 2-disc DVD you mention, it looks like there is a UK 1-disc DVD release coming on July 5th (tech specs only list English language as of right now, but Amazon specs aren't known for being reliable at all).
Old 07-06-10, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Switzerland's sci-fi CARGO German dvd/blu-ray now available

The UK blu-ray is now available at amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...0732991_snp_dp
Old 07-07-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Switzerland's sci-fi CARGO German dvd/blu-ray now available

Just finished the Blu.

Good film, not great. Palatable and I don't regret watching it. Better than something like Boyle's 'Sunshine' by a damn sight.

Every single plot point will make you think of the film they took the idea from. You'll have quite a few films in mind that they borrowed aspects of the plot from, it's obvious. But it didn't bother me once, I simply noted them. Including one notable animated film btw.

The film is really nice to look at. I would never have believed this was made for less than 5 million US. I would have laughed at that notion in fact. Great sets, nice atmosphere, visual effects, etc. Better than quite a few 'blockbusters' done with literally 20 times the budget in the US.

Nice to see characters, and not caricatures in the film too. No silly melodrama that is supposed to pass for 'character development' either.

Maybe 3 stars out of 5 I would say. Definitely worth a watch.