Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will Smallville,24 or The Dead Zone ever get a Complete Series Set?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-10, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have all current seasons of all these seasons and am up to date to the current releases. Since 24 is ending, what is the chance of a Complete Series Set. Either in DVD or Blu-Ray

Smallville still has another season, unless they go for Season 11. Which seems far off.

When Smallville does end what are the chances of a complete set of this series?

The Dead Zone has already been out in season sets. What are the chances of getting a Complete Series Set also it would be great if they included the movie too?

I am just thinking of selling what I got, so which of these should I start selling if they eventually release them in Season Sets?
Old 05-03-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Will Smallville,24 or The Dead Zone ever get a Complete Series Set?

I think it's very likely that when 24 and Smallville are finished, they will get Complete Series sets.

As for The Dead Zone, I highly doubt we'd see one, especially since it's been almost 3 years since the show ended. And even if they did, it wouldn't include the movie; Paramount owns the video rights for the movie, and Lionsgate owns the video rights for the show.
Old 05-04-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

/\ Agreed, I believe Smallville and 24 to certainties. I long ago sold my individual seasons and I am now waiting for the complete sets. Not too sure about The Dead Zone, for the exact same reasons that you listed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 24 have a set out in time for the holidays.
Old 05-05-10, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Since 24 season 8 just wrapped production a few weeks ago, I would expect FOX to work on the DVD's this summer and have them ready for November/December along with the complete series. You have to keep in mind that 2 versions of season 1 are floating in the market right now. There is a barebones edition that was initially released and a Tin Box special edition that has new extras including commentaries that came out in 2007. If FOX does produce a complete series, you have to make sure the season 1 special edition is in it.
Old 05-05-10, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd really like to see a Complete Series of 24 on Blu-ray. I already have every season on DVD and would probably not upgrade to a Complete Series Set unless it was in HD. Although, 24 is in my top-ten shows, so I might get it regardless.
Old 05-05-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
I'd really like to see a Complete Series of 24 on Blu-ray. I already have every season on DVD and would probably not upgrade to a Complete Series Set unless it was in HD. Although, 24 is in my top-ten shows, so I might get it regardless.
I also have all 7 seasons on DVD. If a complete series came out on Blu-Ray with new extras along w/ all the previous extras, then I may consider an upgrade. Otherwise, I will probably just get season 8 to finish my collection of the show.
Old 05-05-10, 08:18 AM

I sold my Smallville 1-5 sets long ago since am very certain they will get a complete series. Warner Brothers seems to do complete series quite often. I think most of my Complete series sets are Warner Brothers/HBO products.

24 seems like a good product for the complete series treatment as well. I have most of them on dvd and have yet to watch.
Old 05-05-10, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Smallville and 24 are done deals. Fox has put out nice sets lately with The Unit and Ally. And WB has no problem with complete sets either.

Now Dead Zone, I'm starting to wonder. I sold mine in prep for a complete, but nothing yet. Does Lionsgate often do completes? I still have the seasons of Moonlighting, and that would make a fine complete set.
Old 05-05-10, 10:34 AM

I'll be picking up the 24 Complete Series whenever it comes out...I bought the first five seasons for my wife as its one of her favorite shows but I plan on selling them off in the next month or two in anticipation of a complete series set.
Old 05-05-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Fox has put out nice sets lately with The Unit and Ally.
How about FOX's Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel, M*A*S*H and X-Files complete series sets?
Old 05-05-10, 12:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Smallville ever going to really end? I figure it will keep going up until the aliens invade in 2012.
Old 05-05-10, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree with all the comments above. I highly doubt "The Dead Zone" will ever come in a complete series set, it's been too long and the show was never exactly "popular." But with "Smallville" and "24" it's only a matter of time. Although I don't know how likely a blu-ray set is right off the bat considering both shows would have to master approx. 100 episodes each in HD.
Old 05-06-10, 09:53 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by MichaelMeyers
I'll be picking up the 24 Complete Series whenever it comes out...I bought the first five seasons for my wife as its one of her favorite shows but I plan on selling them off in the next month or two in anticipation of a complete series set.
As soon as I found out this was the last season, I put all 7 seasons up on Amazon waiting for this set. Hope it comes out for Christmas.