Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Being Erica Renewed for Third Season

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Being Erica Renewed for Third Season

I don't know how many people on the board watch this show, but every once in a while I see a thread for it. Anyway, for those that care, it has been renewed for a third season.

For those that don't watch it, it's a Canadian show that airs on CBC in Canada and SOAPnet in the United States:

Erica Strange (Erin Karpluk) is 32 years old, perpetually single, and stuck in a series of dead-end jobs. But she's been given an amazing gift: the opportunity to relive regrets from her past, enabling her to make a change to the present. Guided by the mysterious Dr. Tom, she weaves through present and past, realizing she needs to take control of her own destiny.
Season One and Two are available for free on Hulu if you're interested in checking it out: http://www.hulu.com/search?query=being+erica&st=0

Last edited by kstublen; 04-24-10 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-24-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Being Erica Renewed for Third Season

Erin Karplunk is also on Life Unexpected on the CW as Cate's boss at the radio station. If LUX gets renewed, I assume she will do double duty.

If I have time, I might check out Being Erica on Hulu during the summer when things are slower in TV land.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-24-10 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-24-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Erin Karplunk is also on Life Unexpected on the CW as Cate's boss at the radio station. If LUX gets renewed, I assume she will do double duty.

If I have time, I might check out Being Erica on Hulu during the summer when things are slower in TV land.
I highly recommend checking it out, for at least a few episodes; like you said, there isn't much on in the summer so that's the perfect time. I was hesitant to watch it at first because it was on SOAPnet, but I was at a friend's house and they forced me to watch an episode...after that I was hooked. The cast, especially Dr. Tom, is great. It's a unique blend of drama, comedy, and science fiction.

Is Erin Karplunk good on Life Unexpected? I think she's just great as Erica and hadn't seen her in anything else and wondered if she was as good in other roles as she is here.
Old 04-24-10, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great to hear! I was the film editor on a no-budget independent film that starred Erin about 10 years ago. She was one of the leads and had such charisma! I got so tired of watching some scenes over and over during editing, but I could always watch her. I'm glad her career has taken off!