In Plain Sight -- "Whistle Stop" -- 04/21/10

Old 04-21-10, 04:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
In Plain Sight -- "Whistle Stop" -- 04/21/10

In Plain Sight

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Mary and Marshall try to persuade an FBI informant to join Witsec, but the man remains reluctant. Elsewhere, Stan tries to wrangle an ex-boxer witness suffering from dementia.

Steven Weber is tonight's guest star.

So far the season is 3 for 3 IMO. Big improvement from last season. Hopefully it keeps it up.

Preview:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfeHSe-doTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pfeHSe-doTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 04-22-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: In Plain Sight -- "Whistle Stop" -- 04/21/10

If this is representative of where the show is going then it gets a mostly from me. It could have used a better B-story, but I'd rather watch Stan dealing with a case than Mary's mom selling Mary K or her sister taking a homeless guy to the hospital.
Old 04-23-10, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True that, Stan is the freaking man, I like seeing him working in the WITSEC stories and I wish he'd take a more proactive role.

Didn't see this in here, but some great casting news for IPS - Aaron Ashmore is going to have a recurring role: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/...n-plain-sight/
Old 04-24-10, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk God

By George, I think they are 4 for 4. Good episode, but nothing particularly memorable. The B story with the boxer was meh. I did like it when Marshall had absolutely zilch to say after learning that Mary and Raph broke up.

I does appear that they left the door open for Weber to come back. I love Mary's expressions, especially when Weber's character called her "Kitten"
Old 04-25-10, 04:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Big to the new showrunner (I forget his name). This season is shaping up quite nicely.
Old 04-25-10, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Big to the new showrunner (I forget his name). This season is shaping up quite nicely.
John McNamara. He use to work on the ABC Show Eyes and also did the Fugitive remake on CBS several years ago. He's a solid TV Writer/Producer. Great hire by USA.

BTW, I love Mary's opening and closing narration to each episode. It gives alot of insight into her mindset.
Old 04-25-10, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
John McNamara. He use to work on the ABC Show Eyes and also did the Fugitive remake on CBS several years ago. He's a solid TV Writer/Producer. Great hire by USA.

BTW, I love Mary's opening and closing narration to each episode. It gives alot of insight into her mindset.
Eyes would've been a good fit for USA, actually. And I also like the Mary narration.