Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Daryl Hall & John Oates- Live at the Troubadour' (Blu-ray)

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 04-17-10, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ryan Keefer's DVD review of Daryl Hall & John Oates- Live at the Troubadour at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=35727 and...Ryan's first statement "they released a few really catchy pop tunes in the '80's and that's it" is a very funny statement from someone who is probably less than 30 years old. Ryan, your thoughts on this subject are ignored by anyone who has any interest in it. I assure you.
Old 04-17-10, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,797 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Daryl Hall & John Oates- Live at the Troubadour' (Blu-ray)

As a true fan of the duo, I didn't read Keefer's review as being dismissive or uninformed at all. The statement in question is referencing the fact that 'most people probably view' Hall & Oates as kitschy '80s pop stars, but Keefer then at least glancingly mentions, more than once, that there is way more to the story than that.

Seems like a pretty balanced, informative review from a non-fan, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 04-18-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Daryl Hall & John Oates- Live at the Troubadour' (Blu-ray)

Originally Posted by Kurtie Dee
As a true fan of the duo, I didn't read Keefer's review as being dismissive or uninformed at all. The statement in question is referencing the fact that 'most people probably view' Hall & Oates as kitschy '80s pop stars, but Keefer then at least glancingly mentions, more than once, that there is way more to the story than that.

Seems like a pretty balanced, informative review from a non-fan, as far as I'm concerned.

The Brady child is right. If anything, I'm really just illustrating the general impression, and isn't meant as a dig in any sense.

And for the record, I'm closer to 40 than I am 30, so get off my lawn.