Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Midnight Hour(1985)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-10, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Midnight Hour(1985)?

Does anybody know this 1985 made for TV Halloween movie?. It featured Shari Belafonte, Peter Deluise, and Dick Van Patten.

Anchor Bay released it on DVD in 2000, but it is virtually impossible to find in stores or online, unless you wanted to pay a couple hundred on ebay. Anyways, I contacted Anchor Bay and they wrote back saying they no longer hold the rights to the title and they don't know who does. Anybody here have any idea who does or know of a new DVD release?.

Last edited by Barrybgb; 04-14-10 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-14-10, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Midnight Hour(1985)

I know of this made for TV movie and have really been hoping someone would re-release it on DVD. Unfortunately, that has not happened and all I have is a subpar vhs I have transfered to dvd-r.

I too would like to know who currently holds the distribution rights. Hopefully it will one day get a proper release.

Also, in the future I suggest putting a question mark in your thread title when asking about a release as opposed to announcing it. I nearly shat my pants.
Old 04-14-10, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JackBurton
I know of this made for TV movie and have really been hoping someone would re-release it on DVD. Unfortunately, that has not happened and all I have is a subpar vhs I have transfered to dvd-r.

I too would like to know who currently holds the distribution rights. Hopefully it will one day get a proper release.

Also, in the future I suggest putting a question mark in your thread title when asking about a release as opposed to announcing it. I nearly shat my pants.
Lol. I'll remember the question mark.

Anyways, I hope something happens with this. Every time I mention it to people or other places online, most people have no idea what I am talking about. It needs a proper release for sure.
Old 04-16-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I haven't heard any info on it either.

I am SO glad I bought this when it came out. I watch it every October. Cheesy, but so much fun.

I remember when it first aired. Everybody at school watched it and we talked about the next day before class.

This thread just reminds me that I should make back-ups of these kinds of movies... the rare ones that get a one-time release then fall back into obscurity. I'm sure I have a handful of them.
Old 04-17-10, 08:37 PM
Cool New Member

It's the Grenville coat of arms.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I've watched almost every Halloween since it first aired on ABC in '85. It's as dear to me as It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. Really, it is.

I bought a sealed AB DVD off eBay in '02 or '03 for about $80. If it's ever rereleased I'm going to buy three copies.