Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Linking Movies AKA The Vault Game

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-10, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Linking Movies AKA The Vault Game

I remember years ago TBS used to do Dinner & A Movie and show 2 movies. They called it the vault game. One movie would be about the theme and star 2 actors. The 2nd movie may or may not be on theme, but would star one of the same actors. Sometimes they would show a third movie that starred someone from the 2nd movie. It was kind of neat how it worked out.

Well I did this the other day without realizing it until the 3rd movie. I started with The Verdict, starring Paul Newman and Jack Warden. My next movie was 12 Angry Men starring Henry Fonda. I then realized Jack Warden was in this movie as well. He was Juror #7. I then popped in A Raisin In The Sun starring Sidney Poitier. Later in the movie I saw a face I recognized from the previous movie. Sure enough, John Fiedler (who was Juror #2 in 12 Angry Men) was in A Raisin In The Sun. I then caught on to the linking so then I popped in They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!

The Verdict - Paul Newman, Jack Warden
12 Angry Men - Jack Warden, John Fiedler
A Raisin In The Sun - John Fiedler, Sidney Poitier
They Call Me MISTER Tibbs! - Sidney Poitier

I may try to continue this, but not sure if I have a movie with Martin Landau that I haven't seen.