Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

crackle

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-00, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a new subwoofer (klh8080 connected to pioneer amp by sub pre-out) anyway, all of a sudden there's an intermittent crackling noise coming only from my center speaker. This has never happened before. anyone have anythoughts.

[This message has been edited by rich (edited August 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by rich (edited August 09, 2000).]
Old 08-09-00, 11:57 PM

Back to the top
Old 08-10-00, 12:53 AM

back to the top.
Old 08-10-00, 01:18 AM

Is the noise still there when you disconnect the sub???
Old 08-10-00, 01:45 AM

It's never happened before. The sub is new. And the sound has only happened three times for about one second each time. It can only be described as a sort of electric crackle coming only from the center channel. The volume was not that high. somewhere are -45
Old 08-10-00, 01:58 AM

I repeat: Is the noise still there when you disconnect the sub??? You made it sound like you bought a new sub, hooked it up, and then started to notice the crackling noise from time to time. So, please answer the original question so we can rule that out. And then, check you center channel to make sure it is ok (are the cones on the woofers damaged at all, etc.)
Old 08-10-00, 02:04 AM

i'm just looking for some help pal, so you can take your attitude along with your triple question mark and cram it. Seeing as the problem NEVER occured before and is suddenly there with the addition of the sub I feel the two are connected. I thought I could find somebody with a similar problem but as usual I get attitude. I've already called pioneer and klh and they could not help. I thought I could come here for advice but I see that I was wrong. I think I'll finally leave this pathetic forum behind and join the land of the living.
Old 08-10-00, 02:34 AM

I wasn't giving you an attitude, sorry if it seemed like I was giving you an attitude, it just seemed like you ignored my question. As far as the triple question mark, I do that almost all the time with any question I ask. I was trying to help and it seemed like you didn't want to hear what I had to say. I was honestly trying to help. Good luck with you problem, sorry I couldn't help.