Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Toshiba SD2200?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-00, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi you all. I'm looking for my first DVD player, and have been reading a lot of reviews and comparing prices. I'm looking at the Toshiba SD2200 right now...Since nothing's better than some good ol' word-of-mouth, I'd like to ask you for some comments.

Do you have any good/bad experiences with this model? How do you think it compares with models of a similar price range from other manufacturers? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks a bundle!
Old 08-03-00, 10:36 PM

I have toshiba sd-3109. it is a great player
never a problem, good pcture quality etc..
My brother has a different model toshiba with the same results. i think they are a quality brand, hope that helps. sorry i could not be model specific to the one you are looking at.
Old 08-04-00, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I will say this once again as I have in previous posts....buying Toshiba dvd players seems to be hit or miss at the present time. Many people have had firmware problems which Toshiba does not seem willing to:
1. admit that there has been problems

2. Back their product line by fixing the problem for free!!!

Do a search for previous threads on this topic regarding Toshiba dvd players...

Depending on how much money you want to spend...I would go with either a Sony, Pioneer or Marantz!!!!

[This message has been edited by djones6746 (edited August 03, 2000).]
Old 08-04-00, 05:10 AM

I have had the Toshiba SD2200 for a while now and have been very pleased with it. Although almost anything is better than running a cable from your computer to your VCR that is hooked up to a TV. It has the zoom feature, which is fun to play around with. It also has good outputs; several of them actually.

One thing to keep in mind, unlike models from other manufacturers, if you take the DVD out and put it back in it will start from the beginning. You just need to remember the chapter and/or time where you left off. Enjoy!

[This message has been edited by marcjd (edited August 04, 2000).]
Old 08-08-00, 10:00 PM

Thanks for all your help. Now, I have to go find a good deal for the model(s) I'm looking at.
Old 08-09-00, 05:11 PM

I have one and I have had a problem playing the Abyss on disc 2 in the multi angle feature. I have called tech support and they are looking into it. It took 3 calls for them to take it as a problem. It has also been 2 weeks since they have had the problem. Other then the Abyss thing it has been a fine player with no other problems.
Old 08-09-00, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There have been numerouse problems of late with Toshiba firmware. Be careful... There is a thread in this forum about discs that have potential problems... You might want to avoid Toshiba until the problem is solved.
Old 08-09-00, 08:07 PM

I agree...