Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

HELP FAST!! - Infinity Crescendo or Overture 2

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

HELP FAST!! - Infinity Crescendo or Overture 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-00, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the opportunity to get a pair of either Infinity Crescendo 3007 or Infinity Overture 2. Both are in the $500-$700 range, but I need to pick FAST! I want something good for both music (60%) and HT (40%) and they will likely be paired with a Yamaha receiver for the time being. The Overtures are brand NEW and the Crescendos are about a year old. What are you thoughts? THANKS!
Old 08-08-00, 10:38 AM
Suspended

I have Overture 2's on my home system and they are great. I also have a Yamaha receiver KXP2095 and they seem to be a prefect match. I used to have Infinity RS-4's as the front mains, but I only used my system for movies. When I started to use the system for both music and movies I upgraded to the Overture 2's and have not been disapointed. My friends have Klipch and Definitive's for fronts and I believe these Overtures are much finer.
Old 08-08-00, 04:06 PM
Banned

I never heard the crescendos, but the OVTR 2's are SWEET.

Go with the sure thing, and get the overtures is my advice.

Old 08-09-00, 12:23 AM

I have the Overture 3's and love them. I haven't heard the overture 2's but probably little difference. Don't know anyone with crescendo's and haven't heard them myself. If you aren't aware of the site, check out audioreview.com, I used it to narrow down and basically pick the receiver I bought. I found it very helpful.