Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,635 Likes on 2,608 Posts
Caprica -- "End of Line" -- Mid-Season Finale -- 03/26/10

Caprica

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Daniel sets a deadline to reset the Cylon, forcing Zoe to find a way to save herself; Barnabas clashes with Clarice, with Lacy caught in the middle; Daniel makes a confession to Amanda.

This is the halfway point of the show.

The final 9 episodes will air later this year. Stargate Universe's last 10 episodes will return to this timeslot next week.
Old 03-26-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Caprica -- "End of Line" -- Mid-Season Finale -- 03/26/10

FYI, there is a marathon on SyFy today of all the episodes that have aired so far.

It started at 12pm local time. So if you have missed an episode or so and are not into watching shows on Hulu, that might be a good chance to catch up.
Old 03-26-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

Really forward to this. And I hope they resolve the Amanda's dead brother crap ASAP.
Old 03-26-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

compared to the BSG thread activity, i predict this show will get canceled. They are trying to stretch the back story out too far for such a young show
Old 03-26-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really sure what to say about this episode. On the one hand, it felt like it was all over the place, but on the other hand there was this amazing sense of dread permeating every scene.

-I hope that isn't the last we see of Tamara in V-World as I thought her as a gangster boss was pretty cool. Pretty messed up that the lady who has a crush on Joseph Adama was the girl in V-World. I'm sure her convincing Tamara to kill her dad in V-World was a combination of jealousy, insanity, and genuine caring, because after all, it clearly was having a negative impact on him.

-I loved the ending with Daniel Graystone answering the phone and us not knowing if he was told about Amanda or the Zoe Cylon.

-I wasn't really sure what was going on with Amanda all episode, and I think that was the intended effect. I think what the writers and director aimed to do was capture her disjointed mental breakdown leading up to her suicide attempt, and I think they did it well.

-I'm a little bummed Clarice didn't get killed as she is probably my least favourite character, but I thought it was a little too obvious she was going to get out of the car after seeing Amanda about to jump and thus avoid being in the car when it exploded.

-James Marsters is awesome. I hope he sticks around and doesn't get taken out by Clarice as soon as the show returns. He's doing a great job playing a psychotic religious fanatic.

-Sucks about the computer nerd. I liked his character, but it's nice to see them showing the brutal reality of the Cylon's power and now Zoe will have an "innocent" death on her hands.

-I don't see what Zoe Cylon was so worried about at the end when she was about to crash into the roadblock...I mean, she tore her own arm off and was good as new the next day...
Old 03-26-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by al_bundy
compared to the BSG thread activity, i predict this show will get canceled. They are trying to stretch the back story out too far for such a young show
Like with any show a strong fanbase takes alot of time to develop.
Old 03-26-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

This show is just so up and down for me. Loved the last couple but tonight just left me meh. Too much STO, too much Amanda. Not enough V world.'

I'm really struggling to see where this show is headed. The family drama which they seemed to want to build the show around is by far the worst stuff on there. The STO stuff isn't much better, except for Marsters.
Old 03-26-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen

-I loved the ending with Daniel Graystone answering the phone and us not knowing if he was told about Amanda or the Zoe Cylon.
Liked that part as well.
Old 03-27-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Eh...
Old 03-27-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

I thought the stuff with Zoe-Cylon was pretty good (and have thought that throughout - easily the strongest part of this show). I'm with Patman on the rest....eh.

I really hope they get away from V-world when the show returns, but I'm doubtful.
Old 03-27-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
-I don't see what Zoe Cylon was so worried about at the end when she was about to crash into the roadblock...I mean, she tore her own arm off and was good as new the next day...
Losing an arm is one thing (especially since she was in a controlled setting and knew she would be repaired), ramming her vehicle at full speed w/o a seat belt is something else. If the chip gets damaged in the crash, her consciousness is gone (a scenario which is still likely since we know they make more than one cylon at some point).

The phone call at the end was ominous and cool.
Old 03-27-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
If the chip gets damaged in the crash, her consciousness is gone (a scenario which is still likely since we know they make more than one cylon at some point).
Unless they are firing Zoe's actress, she'll be fine. Just like I think Amanda will survive that fall. They did point out that noone has survived, so she'll be the first.
Old 03-27-10, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

This season ended with a car bomb, a car crash, a suicide attempt, and a mysterious phone call.

When they compared this to "Dallas" they weren't kidding.
Old 03-27-10, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, this was like a Smallville season finale like where Clark gets zapped to another dimension, Lex gets arrested, Chloe's in a building that gets blown up, Lois gets stabbed, Lana's car flips, etc.

Thought it was a good episode. Best so far, actually. Read on other forums that predicted Evelyn was Emmauelle so wasn't surprised. I liked how they set those two up to be together, like hooking up after playing WoW together.

Marsters is definitely awesome.

Given what's happened, I think they'll have a new opening next episode. Maybe Amanda won't be in it but Vergis and Evelyn will.
Old 03-28-10, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
This season ended with a car bomb, a car crash, a suicide attempt, and a mysterious phone call.

When they compared this to "Dallas" they weren't kidding.
Old 03-28-10, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This show makes me wonder if all the Cylon centurions and raiders hang out in virtual environments looking like teenage girls.
Old 03-28-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
This show makes me wonder if all the Cylon centurions and raiders hang out in virtual environments looking like teenage girls.
Maybe the cylon's "projection" thing is tied into this somehow.