Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Midgets vs. Mascots'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Cameron McGaughy's DVD review of Midgets vs. Mascots at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=40538 and...

awwww... did the sensitive, mascot chasing movie critic get offended? Maybe the reason for your small comedy DVD selection is because you wouldn't know a good comedy if it walked up and hit you in the face. I saw Midgets vs. Mascots a couple months ago at a screening. The theater was full of people laughing their asses of. No one seemed to mind that it was not the Gator from U of F. I honestly have no idea why it would have made the movie funnier if it were the actual mascot. This may be the most ridiculous review I've read in a long time. The so-called critic should do everyone a favor and stick with reviewing The Notebook and all the same crap in that genre of film. Leave the comedy reviews to someone who have a shred of humor. Hopefully, the people reading this review will realize you don't know what you are talking about and will check out Midgets vs. Mascots to judge for themselves.
Old 03-26-10, 11:23 AM

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Midgets vs. Mascots'

AMEN pbrantford! i bought the dvd after seeing one of their ads (MINI MAYS!!!) and i've watched about 3 or 4 times since then. it's the perfect movie to watch after go to the bars. so ridiculously funny and stupid that you'll hurt from laughing at the sheer genius of it all. Plus after rewatching it, you really pick up on the hilarious one-liners that you might have missed the first time. All in all, it's a very very funny movie that won't disappoint.

Oh and Gary Coleman is a mess and it's really funny to watch his angry tirades/antics.
Old 03-26-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting...two brand new members who both have great things to say about a fairly obscure movie...

HMMMMM...what could it mean?
Old 06-28-10, 03:37 PM

Cameron McGaughy,

First of all, if this movie was meant to be taken serious as a comedy for those with an intelligent sense of humor the title probably wouldn't have been so obvious. Second, not everything that you watch needs to be analyzed for themes and plots. The movie was meant to be as crude and offensive as possible and it did its job. As far as crude humor goes, I'd say it was one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while. It was also much less offensive than many of the South Park and Family Guy episodes (even though South Park and Family Guy are hilarious as well). Welcome to America my friend. This is the sense of humor of your fellow citizens, and if you dont like it, you can GIT OUT.
Old 06-29-10, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,828 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Interesting...two brand new members who both have great things to say about a fairly obscure movie...

HMMMMM...what could it mean?
The Oscars race has begun!