Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) Amazon - Twilight Zone Definitive Collection $111.99!!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, I've never seen this collection so cheap. I thought I was getting a bargain when it was $150 bucks. Better jump on this quick. It's on the top 10 bestseller list now.

http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Zone-...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 03-23-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: (DEAD) Amazon - Twilight Zone Definitive Collection $111.99!!!

I think it was below $100 a while back, but this is still a pretty good deal. There are rumours of this coming out on Blu-ray though, so I might wait for that set instead.
Old 03-23-10, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it last year for $100 i think - AWESOME SET!!!
Old 03-23-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

edit: good god i'm blind
Old 03-23-10, 01:28 PM

Many thanks, dvdaddict32!!! I jumped on this. DD has this at $204, so this seems like a really great price.
Old 03-23-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm going to pick this up. I've been wanting it for awhile and just been waiting for a good price.
Old 03-23-10, 03:21 PM

Last March, I got this through Target.com for like $90 after a coupon and free shipping.
Old 03-23-10, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I paid $155.89 for it in January 2007 from DD, so this seems like a better price to me.
Old 03-23-10, 03:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would gladly jump on this if not for rumblings of a Blu-Ray release. Would have pounced on this nevertheless if less than $100. Great price though.
Old 03-23-10, 04:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seasons 1, 2, 3, & 5 and paid more for them when I bought them. I just never really liked season 4's hour long episodes though so I never bothered getting it-
Old 03-23-10, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Worth it - though I got it for $80-something last year and it's expected to be released on Blu-ray sometime in the future from what I've heard.
Old 03-23-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This complete collection says 28 discs while the S1-S5 sets say they have 26 discs. Are there 2 bonus discs in this set not included in the season sets?

Last edited by Manzana; 03-25-10 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought it for 117 from a ebay seller at the beginning of 09. I don't know how much better it's going to look on blu ray honestly but by that time it might reduce the dvd set price.
Old 05-04-10, 05:12 PM

Re: (DEAD) Amazon - Twilight Zone Definitive Collection $111.99!!!

Anyone know anything about the TWILIGHT ZONE GOLD EDITION? I see it in only two places: some elvis site, and on eBay right now
Old 05-04-10, 06:00 PM

Stay far away from that "Gold Edition" set. It's currently redundant and even when new it wasn't all that hot. The only thing it had going for it at the time was that it was the first TZ release to have all the episodes in order by season. What it had against it was the lies, or 'accidental' misinformation, spread by the releasing company, V3 Media. This set was touted as also porting over all the features of the original Panasonic/Image releases, yet I could find none of the isolated scores or episode promos those discs had after I purchased the set. Not only that, the image looked quite soft, and when I compared episodes from the set to the original Panny/Image releases I did own, I could tell V3 re-encoded those episodes when porting them over, it was horrible. V3 media was crap to deal with as well. This set was to ship with a t-shirt, but I did not receive it. The supposed 'authorized dealer' I bought the set from said they didn't get any, and to contact V3. The V3 rep was cordial and said they would look into it. I didn't hear anything back, and after cracking into the set and finding the misrepresentations noted above, I emailed them again. Of course, I received no response. Luckily I was able to unload it (while being completely honest about the problems noted above) and only lost $10. Lesson learned. Can you tell I abhorred this set?
Old 05-04-10, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by i86time
Stay far away from that "Gold Edition" set. It's currently redundant and even when new it wasn't all that hot. The only thing it had going for it at the time was that it was the first TZ release to have all the episodes in order by season. What it had against it was the lies, or 'accidental' misinformation, spread by the releasing company, V3 Media. This set was touted as also porting over all the features of the original Panasonic/Image releases, yet I could find none of the isolated scores or episode promos those discs had after I purchased the set. Not only that, the image looked quite soft, and when I compared episodes from the set to the original Panny/Image releases I did own, I could tell V3 re-encoded those episodes when porting them over, it was horrible. V3 media was crap to deal with as well. This set was to ship with a t-shirt, but I did not receive it. The supposed 'authorized dealer' I bought the set from said they didn't get any, and to contact V3. The V3 rep was cordial and said they would look into it. I didn't hear anything back, and after cracking into the set and finding the misrepresentations noted above, I emailed them again. Of course, I received no response. Luckily I was able to unload it (while being completely honest about the problems noted above) and only lost $10. Lesson learned. Can you tell I abhorred this set?
hahaa- yes =)